8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys Ive got a problem that a few other people seem to be having on her also its driveing me crazy :eek:hnoes:here is the deal:

i was installing my aftermarket subs and amp in my 07 FA5 earlier today had done everything except for running the amp remote wire. so i remove the headunit and i was testing the different sockets in the wiring harness while the unit was on and then next thing you know it just shuts off and wont come on. :SHOCKED: so there i am grabbing my Multimeter to test all of my fuses including the underhood and underdash and nothing all of the fuses had continuity or atleast all of the fuses that were there(no one else has ever worked on this car before) so i check to see what else did not work and i realized that my keyless entry did not work, my lights go off when i turn the ign off even when the light switch is still on i really dont know what to look for know any one have ANY ideas? :eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:sadwavy: hello any one there come on guys i need your help :xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou

·
Registered
837 Posts
He probably blew the "backup" fuse under the hood in the main fuse box, took me forever to find this when I shorted out my deck install. It disabled the keyless entry, radio, and other "minor" components, but the car still drove fine. Just replace the fuse and everything's back to normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts