8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently noticed that the air conditioning in my 08 no longer produces cold air from the vents on the dash or aimed towards feet. Even after driving for more then an hour the air never gets cold. It blows but generally feels nothing like it used to.

-Yes a/c is on and dial set to cold
-I have AEM SRI and a s2 exhaust and hids, nothing more.
-Tried max AC and normal ac with same results.

Do you think this has something to do with my SRI cause i would like to know before i take it in to the dealership for warranty repair

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
probly have a hole in your condensor.

very common problem becuae of teh bumper/grill design.
Thanks inb4 they say its not covered by warranty:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
condensers r fairly cheap....hell u might get lucky and find 1 at a salvage yard(i doubt it)but its worth a shot..otherwise go with keystone or 1800 radiator..

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
its definatly not covered under warrenty. you can pretty much save yourself a trip to the dealer. maybe just go there to have them diagnose it to be sure you dont replace unecessary parts?

you can change the condensor yourself and just go to a local shop and have them vacuum/charge it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KK i got an appointment with them just to see, if anything gonna get one online and have my friend charge it for $30

·
Registered
800 Posts
Are you sure they won't cover it? I'm pretty sure I've seen a TSB on this problem. Look through the TSB sticky and get the number and take that to the dealer with you.

Worth a shot?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just dropped my car off and the woman stated most likely and I quote “Most likely a mouse or a stone put a hole in your condenser and this is not covered under warranty"

Glad to know that a car I have had for just two years (sept of 08 bought) has this problem! Poor design because I definitely do not have mice! and I had a damn compact that lasted longer.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Threaten that you will leave your car in their dealership yard with a sign that says EFF YOU. and place every possible thing on your car that prevents towing.

BTW make sure you have money to fight a lawsuit.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Threaten that you will leave your car in their dealership yard with a sign that says EFF YOU. and place every possible thing on your car that prevents towing.

BTW make sure you have money to fight a lawsuit.
No, horrible idea

Dealership called me back and said the hole was so big they couldn't get it to hold any freon and need $160 to determine the exact problem and its not covered under warranty. Done with Honda after this car, sick and tired of the degrading quality in vehicles and parts...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
In Honda's defense the hole created by the rock is not due to Honda's poor quality in vehicles and parts, maybe the design that allowed a rock to fly in there but if you go to most shops they will nickle and dime you. You could just get a shop manual and try it yourself.

·
Registered
823 Posts
In Honda's defense the hole created by the rock is not due to Honda's poor quality in vehicles and parts, maybe the design that allowed a rock to fly in there but if you go to most shops they will nickle and dime you. You could just get a shop manual and try it yourself.
Yes. Also, Honda did not fabricate the condenser (although they did license its production). So if it is a total POS, it's like saying your tires are POS... same idea.
If it is just the condenser, you can change it yourself with a few how-to's from here on H-T.
B

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
If its as large as they seem to say it is, then yes, I'd imagine you'd be able to see it.

However, if you cannot, (and if it were me), I'd go to the nearest wal-mart or autoparts store an pick up a can or two of R-134a freon with UV dye (no more than $20 bucks total), charge the system with said freon, and take a black light to the a/c components (dryer, compressor, condensor, and lines) to find the leak.

Chances are it is your condensor - and thats simple enough job to do for anyone with a high school diploma.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts