8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
New Jersey does not inspect underneath your car. It is only emissions. If a check engine light it on it is an automatic failure.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Went to DMV at rt.36 earlier this week. They have cameras now and they do look under your car through the monitor and also opened my hood. Somehow I passed and I have I/H/E/tune.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Where are all the catless people with aftermarket header and exhaust going to get their inspection?

Advice would be appreciated :wavey:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Inspection in Lodi also checks for a cat with cameras. I actually sat in my passenger seat and the guy drove through the machine 3 times because he couldn't tell if I had a cat. I have the vibrant hfc and passed inspection. They also checked under my hood but not sure why.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So I got rejected Millville inspection. I have a skunk2 exhaust header combo. If I take to a private shop now will they ask why it was rejected and check or you think they'll pass it? And if they reject it do I still have to pay?

·
Registered
33 Posts
guys iam in NJ Shore monmouth co by me you only get obd2 check unless u got some muscle car that loud as **** even on idle lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
To pass NJ inspection you need to have a cat and no check engine light on. If not you will fail. Even if you clear the check engine light without fixing the problem you will fail.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts