8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
would i be able to pass without the cat if i use hondata to clear the code for the CEL?
Even if you cleared the CEL, you basically made it through step 1. But apparently as some ppl are saying ^^^ they put the sniffer on your tip to check emissions then you will fail theoretically. I'm putting alpha headers and q300 exhaust on my si in about a week and I'll be due for inspection in about 2 months. Hopefully I pass. If not anyone know a shop in central jersey thatll slap on the sticker?

·
Binks
18,140 Posts
I went and they only checked via my OBD port, no tailpipe test. I have an LX so the cat is hidden.
They did the same during my car's 1st inspection. I think that's the only thing they will do if the car still as the dealer inspection sticker. I had mine inspected in Lodi.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm up for inspection next month. I have I/H/E with flashpro. Do you think I should chance it and go through the state or pay the cash and go private ?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Which DMV bro?
Lakewood Inspection station, sorry for the late response.

They did the same during my car's 1st inspection. I think that's the only thing they will do if the car still as the dealer inspection sticker. I had mine inspected in Lodi.
Not the vehicles first time through inspection, no sticker was on the car when I bought it in. But it had a Cali inspection when I purchased it, that was scraped off before they inspected it though.:bunny:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bumping an old thread....Has anyone had a problem with NJ inspection (emissions) recently? Im looking to invest in a Skunk2 Alpha header in the near future and am worried about not passing inspection. If I'm not mistaken the CEL can easily be fixed with flashpro/tune but I'm worried about the fact that the cat converter is removed when the header is installed.

Any experiences/advice/suggestions are appreciated...THANKS!

·
Binks
18,140 Posts
Bumping an old thread....Has anyone had a problem with NJ inspection (emissions) recently? Im looking to invest in a Skunk2 Alpha header in the near future and am worried about not passing inspection. If I'm not mistaken the CEL can easily be fixed with flashpro/tune but I'm worried about the fact that the cat converter is removed when the header is installed.

Any experiences/advice/suggestions are appreciated...THANKS!
Catless = failed inspection.

DMVs nowadays have mounted cameras on the bottom to see if your car has a cat or not. You might even get the sniff test.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Either switch the header/exhaust to stock before inspections or get a header with a high flow cat.
Ok so for example...If i were to get a skunk2 alpha header and install a MagnaFlow Spun Metallic high-flow cat that fit and was compatible...would i be good as far as passing inspection?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts