8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I finally made my mind up about FI. IMO nitrous might be just the right fit for me, considering I want to keep the responsiveness of an NA engine and its superior reliability. Keep in mind I won't be spraying all the time. Anyways my questions are wether I would need colder plugs or not? And is it reliable to run the wet kit 75 shot with the reflash from hondata? My mods are the following : vibrant race headers, Evo2 exhaust, p2r spacers, IMG, and the reflash? Also is the Intake Plenum from AJP netting good numbers?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Get the colder plugs it will help you in the long run, as far as the reflash goes, it is as safe to run N20 on a stock motor as with the reflash, no timing has been changed so safe as stock would be even with the flash. the AJP plenium I am not too sure about really. Actualy I havent heard of that from them as of yet. But to answer your questions, colder plugs are a must and the reflash is ok. BTW I used a 75 shot and you'll do nothing but spin tires in 2nd when V-slap engages. Go with a 50.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
lol, i just made a thread about this the other day. get the colder plugs. the denso ik22 is one step colder than stock, and the ik24 is 2 steps colder.
i have the NGK plugs though...ill get teh part number for them later when i get home.

BTW, i am running a 50 shot and 1 step colder plugs. there are people running 1 colder with a 75 shot also, so i woudl say your safe with 1 step colder.

hondatas website says it is safe to run nitrous with the reflash since timing has not been changed.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI
"the denso ik22 is one step colder than stock, and the ik24 is 2 steps colder."

Stock heat range is 22. 1 step colder Heat Range: 24. Ik24s is one step colder..not two

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
o0oo...looks like i was told incorrect information then. good thing i didnt get them, lol.
yea you confused me for a second aswell. Because I was more than %100 sure that the ik24s were one step colder. Past PM from Tai

Re: Denso

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXe
"Which ones would be 1 step colder from stock on the 07 si. IK24s? Stock heat range is 22. 1 step colder Heat Range: 24."

Yeah, that is correct, the ik24 is one cooler.

Tai

CorSport Inc. - Import and Sport Compact Aftermarket Automotive Performance Parts - Honda Acura Civic Si Integra RSX CRX Element Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII IX MR Scion xA xB tC Nissan Subaru STI WRX s13 s14 ep3 fg2 dc5 - CorSport USA
Performance Aftermarket Parts
Honda Performance, Defined.

Its recommened for every 75-100 hp you add to your car you go one step colder, for future reference. its ok though Nighthawk :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.