8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
First,, I am new to totally new to Honda's, so I might sound a little dumb, also i did do a search and the first 5 pages of crap I went thru did not answer my question so here goes...

I have a new 07 Si, the first week I had it, it felt quick,,, now not so much... I guess I just got used to it...so i need something to have fun with..
Since I Have a lease vehicle, i need to be able to take off any parts I do should something go horribly wrong. therefore, headers, and intakes are out of the question.. Doubly so when the intakes I have seen don't do all that much, and a few actually are worse as they still manage to suck in a fair amount of air from the engine bay...... most of the gain is from a better air filter, so I will be dropping a K&N filter in and sticking with the stock intake...

I am thinking of taking the following route, and would love some input..p2r ( i think) has a throttle body spacer to increase the plenum volume. From what I have seen, more than a few independent sources have shown a tiny gain. More importantly there is a little tap on the bottom i could use for N2O. Thereby eliminating the need to drill holes in any stock intake part. it seems that 50hp is reasonable and mostly safe.

my specific questions are;

1.) Has anyone taken this route to mount nitrous?
I have always thought that nitrous needed to be placed before the throttle body to ensure even cylinder to cylinder distribution. is mounting after the throttle body dangerous?

2.) What kits have people used and recommend?
I am hoping that the kit i find would be a wet set up, and easily incorporated or spliced into the stock fuel system. As far as I can tell, Honda uses a lot of QR fuel fitting that pop off and on easily. So splicing into the fuel system wouldn't be too hard, or destructive.

Thanks everyone,

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
If you are putting nitrous on your car, be prepared to swallow the cost of repairs if something goes wrong, your powertrain warranty wil no longer be valid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have searched. none of my questions were answered. Also,, i stop reading immediately when i hear n2o referred to as nos, or nawz,, or anything else like that. I don't think 10000 threads of people saying they have "heard" that a 75 shot is OK are very helpfull. I would like to hear from the people who have actually done it.

Mosr specifically I am wondering about the nozzle placement. Is placing it after the throttle body going to ruin distribution? Will the first intake runner get any gases at all? Or will the last two intake runners be flooded with it....

No one has answered these questions in any thread that i can find.

as per the warranty remark... that's why I need to find a kit that I can easily remove.... The dealer can't blame a nitrous system if the car doesn't have one on it when I take it in. That is part of the reason I want to put the nozzle in the p2r throttle body spacer, and not drill a hole in any part of the intake......

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I am running a 75 shot all day long on my car. To answer your question on the distance factor...the n2o and fuel must properly, "atomise"*pardon spelling but you know what I mean, before it reached the cylinders for the desired resluts of combustion to take place. A time ago placing the nossel too close to the TB would not give the two (fuel and n20) enough time to mix properly therefore not giving you results desired, today there are better nosels that almost immediately mix the two spryaing a fine mist mixture therefore allowing the mixture to automise much more quickly thus allowing you to place the nosel closer to the TB!!

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
JPM9000RPM said:
I have a new 07 Si, the first week I had it, it felt quick,,, now not so much... I guess I just got used to it...so i need something to have fun with..
Since I Have a lease vehicle, i need to be able to take off any parts I do should something go horribly wrong. therefore, headers, and intakes are out of the question.. Doubly so when the intakes I have seen don't do all that much, and a few actually are worse as they still manage to suck in a fair amount of air from the engine bay...... most of the gain is from a better air filter, so I will be dropping a K&N filter in and sticking with the stock intake...

:pat:

Last time I checked it is much easier to remove an air intake versus an ENTIRE FRICAN N20 system!!?!?!

Your contradicting yourself just a tad bit here...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Wait a sec. "Since I Have a lease vehicle, i need to be able to take off any parts I do should something go horribly wrong." Are you going to buy this at the end of the lease? I would just lease a faster car later. :wavey:

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
JPM9000RPM said:
Hello all,
First,, I am new to totally new to Honda's, so I might sound a little dumb, also i did do a search and the first 5 pages of crap I went thru did not answer my question so here goes...

I am thinking of taking the following route, and would love some input..p2r ( i think) has a throttle body spacer to increase the plenum volume. From what I have seen, more than a few independent sources have shown a tiny gain. More importantly there is a little tap on the bottom i could use for N2O. Thereby eliminating the need to drill holes in any stock intake part. it seems that 50hp is reasonable and mostly safe.

my specific questions are;

1.) Has anyone taken this route to mount nitrous?
I have always thought that nitrous needed to be placed before the throttle body to ensure even cylinder to cylinder distribution. is mounting after the throttle body dangerous?

2.) What kits have people used and recommend?
I am hoping that the kit i find would be a wet set up, and easily incorporated or spliced into the stock fuel system. As far as I can tell, Honda uses a lot of QR fuel fitting that pop off and on easily. So splicing into the fuel system wouldn't be too hard, or destructive.

Thanks everyone,
i dont understand your logic.....the simple bolt ons such as intake header/exhaust are mush easier to remove then nitrous. especially if you do the nitrous correctly (with the window switch - requires splicing of wires)

BTW..and intake is just as easy to install as a p2r spacer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First off,, screw you guys... thanks for not helping,,, JB,,, you seem OK,, I have atleast an idea to follow and i will research some nozzles... i think i have found a fire suppression nozzle with a real wide angle to it...... and I guess i will start with a little 50 shot, if I can make everything work as planed..I need to check the flow rates of the nozzles... or hopefully my emails to a few companies will answer that for me... i am still waiting..

second,

CAI are not worth the money when a K&N costs way less and gives you the same gain... the stock intake flows pretty decent,, get rid of the horrible stock air filter and you have a pretty decent piece... and I don't have to cut anything to make the k&n fit...unlike a CAI

third,
four bolts on the throttle body is way easier than an entire intake, doubly so when you have to put the stock system back on... seriously,, have you tried to put a CAI on one of these cars yet?

fourth ,
pulling a header on these cars is a huge pain in the ass... none of those bolts are easy to get to,,, especially with out a lift.. I live in ohio,, after one winter the entire bottom of the car will be rust.. changing headers will suck even more...

fifth,
I just found a "T' with the same fittings as the stock fuel system, so I won't have to cut a single fuel line.. they are even QR fittings... HA HA i am getting closer! and I think if i need to an accord v-6 fuel pump will slide right in...(still need to find fuel pressure numbers for that,,, as a returnless system the FP regulator is most likely part of the pump... Anyone know this?)

sixth,
Hiding a few spliced wires and connectors from a dealer is pretty easy, pull the connector and tuck them back in to the loom and aquick wrap of electrical tape.......see, i have a plan for that too... any switches and wires inside the car will be routed near the speaker wires and easily hidden as well..connectors on either side of the firewall will make things easy to pull as well...

seventh..
If I can put the nozzle in the TB spacer, it can come out as one piece,, making everything easier to pull...( notice a theme here yet?)

I am not sure if i will buy this car when the lease is up,,, I miss my LS-1's massive torque.. a lot... although reving the engine to nearly double the rpm is pretty cool.... so is double the gas milage..

and lastly,,, after a set of headers, intake, and reflash, I will make more horses for less $$$ with N2O... i even have two full 15lbs bottles sitting in my storage shed.... and most of the lines i will need... making the gas even more economical...

I have a plan here, and am hell bent on doing it..

and lastly,,, for everyone with nothing but negative comments...

Go back to reading superstreet,,, people like you are why the entire auto enthusiast culture looks down upon Hondas, despite the fact they have some serious potential... go put a folgers coffee can on your car and a wing for all that downforce you need cruising down mainstreet...vtech engage dudes! If you can't help,, Shut the F()Ck up!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
junkcheung1 said:
Yo, fool...we're not giving you neg. comments but our opinions.:box:
You better check yo self before you wreck yo self!
he is right, people here are really cool and almost never bash, If your looking for the jerkoff's go to clubsi.com and become a target for adolescent hormones mixed with a lack of knowledge and stubborness. The guys here just say what they think, they rarly ever just "think" they are right :thumb:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong but when I used nitrous on my other car (3 years ago) the instructions says clearly that the nozzle must be 8-12in away from the Throttle Body. The reason was that if is very close to the TB some cylinders will receive more/less nitrous than others. In other words the gas will now be evenly distributed on the engines as another guy says here.

What I mean is that putting the nozzle in the P2R Spacer it will not be a good idea. Nitrous goes out of the nozzle a pretty high speeds and pressure.

But as I said maybe I'm wrong and there is a product that can fix that issue.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Shark Tek said:
Maybe I'm wrong but when I used nitrous on my other car (3 years ago) the instructions says clearly that the nozzle must be 8-12in away from the Throttle Body. The reason was that if is very close to the TB some cylinders will receive more/less nitrous than others. In other words the gas will now be evenly distributed on the engines as another guy says here.

What I mean is that putting the nozzle in the P2R Spacer it will not be a good idea. Nitrous goes out of the nozzle a pretty high speeds and pressure.

But as I said maybe I'm wrong and there is a product that can fix that issue.
+1 The nozzle should be away from the TB, so that there is proper atomization. The added velocity of the air in the intake will better distribute the nitrous.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
thibk of how our cars plenium works. Air is actually pressurized inside the plenium before it travels into the cylinders. Inside the plenium is like a mini "baggless vacume cleaner" sorry bad anology. But in there air is moving and swirling at a pretty good speed. When injecting the n2o and while some of the cylinders are closed air and the n2o mixture are flying around inside there....."mixing as evenly as pssible" not to mention that we already have a flay with our intake manafold. Runner #1 is very innefficient while runner #2 is SUPER efficient and #3 and #4 are somewhere in between. The point Im making is that as long as a proper mixture is made the rest is left up to the car itself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts