8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its almost that time to order a nitrous kit for my FA5....Im not going to be spraying like crazy, only really at the track and maybe occasionally on the street since its on my daily driver.....

im looking to get...
EFI Wet nitrous system (75 Shot)
Wide open throttle switch
Traction Control window switch
Remote bottle opener
Purge kit
One step colder spark plugs (since im not spraying a lot)
Bottle warmer

does this seem like a good list in order to run a setup safely on a daily driver?

Also what kit seems to be a better buy in what im trying to do? I want to try to get as much as i can for my money, but i dont also want a shitty kit...I heard good things about both the Zex and Nitrous Express kits......the NX Express kits seem to be a little more expensive then the Zex, but for the amount of times im going to use it would the Zex kit do just as good?

also whats included in both kits?....is the NX Express more expensive because it comes with more things then the Zex?....just weighing my options

any info would be appreciated...
thanks

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I would look towards the Zex kit with the tuner kit. It comes with everything you will need. I run a N.O.S kit.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
they make a kit that works with our drive by wire. I would look into that as well. from what I understand the Nitrous Express kit has better hardware then the Zex. There is a guy that was selling one in the f/s threads a couple months ago, I bet he still has and will sell all for a steal. He has everything you could possibly want.

Here is the thread. Holy hell he dropped the price again.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/forc...efi-stage-1-nitrous-system-w-accessories.html

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
What kit doesn't work with Drive by Wire? The zex kit from what I understand is the easiest install especially for the "WOT switch"

Like i stated earlier I have the NOS kit with a WOT switch working just fine with my DBW.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I am not saying the kit does not. I do know that the kit that the member is selling has something that goes with it that allows it to work better with dbw it has a dbw adapter

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i just got a zex kit.. still installing it.. i'm replacing a nos kit.. i've heard they're both good kits, but since i've only ever ran nos setups.. i'm gong to have to recommend them for now.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just got a zex kit.. still installing it.. i'm replacing a nos kit.. i've heard they're both good kits, but since i've only ever ran nos setups.. i'm gong to have to recommend them for now.
bump...

what kit?....hows the install...post back when u get it in and running

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i had a nos kit installed.. but i got tired of always keeping an eye on the pressure.. so instead of just buying a pressure regulator.. i decided to go with a zex brainbox.. wet conversion.. there nozzle.. nos main line.. and a nos 2.5lb bottle.. should be small enought to put next to spare tire.. dynotune window switch and dashhawk.. which i must say i'm impressed with the dashhawk.. esp v2.5.1.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I'm gonna chime in on this thread rather than starting a new one..

Is it alright to mix and match different brands when doing a nitrous kit? Example: Nos EFI Sniper Universal Wet Kit with Zex Racer's Tuning kit? or will this not work together?

I called up Tony Palo with T1 Race Development and he wasn't positive.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
im local on long island I am parting out my ZEX bottle warmer, ZEX window taction control switch LMK

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I'm gonna chime in on this thread rather than starting a new one..

Is it alright to mix and match different brands when doing a nitrous kit? Example: Nos EFI Sniper Universal Wet Kit with Zex Racer's Tuning kit? or will this not work together?

I called up Tony Palo with T1 Race Development and he wasn't positive.
yea it should be fine..... there isnt any reason you cant, im actually about the replace my Zex bottle warmer for another one soon enough......maybe.......if i keep the car

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
yeah.. most of it is compatable.. except for maybe nos 4an lines and zex 6an.. but nothing an adaptor can't fix. And with jets.. a .019 drilled hole is the same no matter who drills it. Nozzle design are different.. that about the only thing i'd say you'd have to match would be the nozzlel's designers with there recommended jet sizes. Kind of like how kex always uses a .02 lower then what nos or nx recommends, but that's due to there "active fuel management".

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
awesome... i'm just gonna not try to be cheap with this one and save up the extra 150 or so bucks to get the Zex kit over the Nos

1 - 15 of 15 Posts