8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a stupid question and all but I've searched n searched on a how to install a Nitrous Express Kit on my car (2010 Civic SI) and came up with nothing. I know my way around my motor and everything but I have no idea on how to install this kit. I've read the ultimate nitrous thread and still have no idea on how to do it.

A list of mods on my car:
2.5 inch straight pipe
Tenzo type r sri
p2r tbs
strup 4-2-1 header
hondata flashpro

I wanna run a 75 or a 100 shot. Will I be safe doing it? and is their a DIY on how to install the kit I have? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The nitrous kit you purchase will have directions, it's pretty straight forward. 75 shot is the highest I would recommend. Save up for a clutch u are going to need it. Also get a step colder plugs and make sure it's a wet kit. Also don't spray under 4k rpms and avoid hitting the rev limiter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a competition stage 2 clutch. Im gonna have a buddy of mine who is a mechanic put it in tomorrow n watch how he does it for future reference.

·
Registered
53 Posts
They say "20" per cyl should be the max on a stock configuration. I have personally used it in 3 out of 19 of my cars.

1992 Integra GS 65 dry 65 shot
1993 Integra GS
1996 Corvette LT4 wet (I believe 100)

I would never use it again in any of my cars, its an hassle to have to remove and fill, plus its not that cheap anymore. On the vette I had a 15lb bottle. You need to worry about a heater, proper PSI, if it runs low, also get a fuel pressure safety switch... Not much fun. If you want longer lasting power get a supercharger or turbo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
To install its pretty self forward i have been running a 100 shot for almost 2 years now with no problems. Now with a 75 shot you would want to advance the timing just a bit but I know a lot of people that have ran a 100 shot on stock ecu for a while. I wouldn't recommend going over a 100 on a single fogger. Right now my set up is Dynotune Wet NItrous Kit 100 shot. Bkr8iex plugs, Bottle warmer, purge, nitous progressive and w.o.t controller that activate at set rpm and shuts off at set rpm, so you dont have to worry about not spraying at wot or bouncing limiter. You can fallow these instructions to help install your kit http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/INSTRUCTIONS/NITROUS KIT 4&6CYL UNIVERSAL WET KIT.pdf

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Now with a 75 shot you would want to advance the timing just a bit but I know a lot of people that have ran a 100 shot on stock ecu for a while.
I think you mean retard the timing.

I was an user of nitrous on a previous car that I had.

I dont think I will do it again.

Yes it is fun but not my style.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a 75 shot in my car now. Where can I buy the right jets for a 100 shot? I cant seem to find anything about what jet sizes I need for a 100. Also how many degrees do I need to retard my timing for a 100 shot?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts