8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am interested in buying Proton Nitrous Express Wet Kit (Nitrous Express Next Generation Nitrous Oxide Systems PROTON SERIES NITROUS SYSTEM W/ 10LB BOTTLE).

My mods are:
Hondata FlashPro
Go-Power KSi Cams
Go-Power Header
Skunk2 Megapower Exhaust
Skunk2 Composite Fuel Rail

Can I connect the line of fuel (to solenoid) to any output of the Skunk2 fuel rail?
This is the fuel rail, i have two outlets.

I am interested in a 35HP Jet, can I use Nitrous in the 5000-8000rpm range? Can use it such high rpm?
The ignition delay is necessary for 35HP?

Thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
You can use nitrous in every rev range you want, even up to 8000 rpm although that isn`t really necessary. Nitrous builds low and midrange torque so you don`t have to spin the engine that high.
A 35 bhp shot is safe for your engine, no ignition retard necessary.
I would tap one of the ports on your fuel rail for the fuel.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! I am looking for a Walbro 255 GSS342 fuel pump to avoid a drop in fuel pressure when using the jets for 75HP.

What is the correct A/F Ratio to run with nos? I`m in 13:2 now, with nitro I have to find a 12.8? More rich?

Thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
You can run up to a 100 bhp shot with the stock pump, so I wouldn`t bother with the Walbro.
13.2:1 on the gas is a tad on the lean side, even with a 35 bhp shot.
I would richen it up to 12:1 on a 35 bhp shot.
On a 75 bhp shot somewhere in the 11,5-11.9:1 range is safe.
With the 75 bhp shot I would also change the plugs one heat range colder, I`m using the NGK BKR8EIX with good result. I regapped them from 0.75 to 0.8 mm, otherwise the engine was running rough sometimes off the gas.
Remember to check the plugs regularly, they give you a good indication as to the condition of your engine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In N/A applications a AF Target of 13 / 13.2 is optimal. But with NOS need a target of 12 for safety?
The pressure in the fuel rail dont drop with a 35HP with the stock fuel pump?

Thanks

·
Registered
345 Posts
AFR depends with the amount of nitrous you want to run. If you limit yourself to a 35 bhp shot a 12:1 afr is safe.
At the 75 bhp level however the engine needs to be richened up more, so an afr ratio somewhere between 11-11.8 should get you into the ballpark.

Since your Flashpro doesn`t have the nitrous controle feature yet, do you have a controller to handle a 75 bhp shot? I can tell you the shockloading is quite stressfull for the engine and drivetrain with lots of wheelspin in 1st and 2nd on streettyres.

Fuel pressure in stock form is close to 50 psi, so that should be sufficient.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Ive been lookin into that kit. Not a bad price at all! I like the looks of the proton plus system tho because of the WOT switch

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
if u get a aftermarket fuel rail be sure to do the fuel dampener mod. otherwise u will have high rpm knock.

I have the custom made fitting u will need.

PM for details

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
Fg2onspray, are you on the stock rail? if so where did u tap in for fuel from?
my car is no longer on nitrous.. i am boosted.

BUT u can either A buy the hybrid racing fuel rail which has a 1/8thNPT port on the top of the rail

OR!

WHICH THIS IS WHAT I WOULD SUGGEST THE MOST!!

remove your factory feed line from the fuel rail to the first connection next to the valve cover and replace with the proper sized fuel like and tee into that.

either way you need to run a fuel dampener.. which u can source from diffrent hondas.. i have the fitting u will need.

here is a link to info on the dampener.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/turbocharging/220314-aftermarket-fuel-rail-solution.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
if you guys haven't see the nitrous thread on page 1 that says, you need to read it. There is alot of miss information on this thread. I am not trying to be negative, but having 11.1 afrs doesnt make it safer. richer afrs can be just as bad lean afrs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts