8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you guys think about them? I know I'm gonna get bias here, thats understood, it's a Civic site after all. But both the Civic Sedan and possibly the SE-R Spec V are under consideration for me. (I don't think the Si is an option as it's two door and I don't want to put up with the hassle of tracking one down.)

Basically, either the Civic Sedan or the SE-R are both right around $20k. The Civic gives me better gas mileage, navigation and possibly slightly better reliability. The SE-R Spec V gives me a 6spd, torquey 2.5L(180lb/ft), and stiffer suspension.

A N/A Imprezza would be under consideration too, but they decided to beat the front end with an ugly stick for 06

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
You get a lot of bang for the buck in the SE-R Spec V. Good torque figures, LSD, yadda, for a base of around $19K. If you are concerned about appearance the SE-R SV is rather pedestrian. For reliability consumer reports rated the overal model as above average with low scores in the depreciation and owner satisfaction segments.

If you are going to look at the Imprezza, try for the stretch to the WRX TR (Tuner Ready). Base is about $24K, but basic internet sales will get you down to $23K. 3 or 4 grand might be a stretch, but the NA imprezza is a bit of a dog due to weight, running a bit over 3K curb, compared to ~2750 in the Spec V.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
between the sedan civic and the se-r ill choose the se-r by the performance... but the sentra its about to chance next year in the states... so take that as a point for your desission

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would choose the SE-R over the civic sedan but I wouldn't buy the SE-R brand new. The SE-R does not hold it's resale value. It will be a reliable car. I just dont see any point in buying it brand new when you can get it for a few years old a lo cheaper. Like a lease return. The civic on the other hand if you buy it used dealers want so much money for them. It almost makes sense to buy a honda brand new.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Xenin said:
why not the Altima SE-R, those look pretty sick.
I almost talked my girl into one when she was looking at the Audi. They're nice. I test drove one. Good stuff. Automatic that drives like a stick, as far as shifting. Good torque, not a whole lotta body roll for a car that size. My only remark was that they only come in Red. I'm not doing another Red car.

Oh wait, I was talking about my girl wanting to buy it, not me. How'd I start talking about me? lol....um....She didn't really want one either. :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
el_ben2 said:
between the sedan civic and the se-r ill choose the se-r by the performance... but the sentra its about to chance next year in the states... so take that as a point for your desission
excuse me for my lack of english vocabulary, but by chance to you mean, leave, go away, adios, vamoose, hastalavista baby? if so, I've read something similar somewhere else, but there it was more speculation than hard fact. if that's the case, yeah, it does sway my decision because I'm not a fan of paying $20k on a car that'll be obsolete in a year.

hmmm, are you sure about that? where did you hear it?

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
jandree22 said:
excuse me for my lack of english vocabulary, but by chance to you mean, leave, go away, adios, vamoose, hastalavista baby? if so, I've read something similar somewhere else, but there it was more speculation than hard fact. if that's the case, yeah, it does sway my decision because I'm not a fan of paying $20k on a car that'll be obsolete in a year.

hmmm, are you sure about that? where did you hear it?
It's not going to be replaced. It's moving up a class (same way the Civic did), so Nissan can bring in a new car to compete with Scion. That's what the Sport Concept was designed for, whenever that's to be released.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
I wonder how much of this design will actually be implemeted, cuz aside from a few touches, it's a pretty nice looking car. I'm not feeling the front or rear bumper and the interior, at least from this shot, looks like it's got two much going on. Hmm...

Originally, Nissan's plan was to have it's design teams come up with 3 cars that they would show to the public at various Auto shows and whichever design the public liked the most, would be the one they decided to build. But since Scion has 3 cars, Nissan's going to build all three. The Sport Concept vs the xA,

The Actic vs. The xB

The Azeal vs. The tC

Off topic, I know, but I thought it made for some interesting discussion.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Civic is better... cuz it looks better lol... and navigation is a plus. feels like it's more upscale vehicle than it is... but then again you are paying $21 for civic auto with nav... lol

other cars to consider..

Scion TC
Tiburon GT(V6 6spd Special Edition) <----sexy!
SE-R is plain ugly

cant think of anything else but I'd go between the Tiburon GT or the Civic with Nav

·
Registered
204 Posts
the azeal looks like it will be a nice little sport compact...I would just wait and see. The small cars are coming back with a vengeance. There will be plenty to choose from for around $20,000 in a few years. Its a war right now for the young crowd

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that Azeal is sexy, reminds me of the Caddilac CTS/STS front end.

Tiburons IMO look so good and how some muscle to them, but I can't get over the Hyundai thing. I know they're much better than they used to be and they've got the 10yr warranty, but unless I get convinced somehow otherwise, I just dont know how I could go with that.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
kadenx said:
the azeal looks like it will be a nice little sport compact...I would just wait and see. The small cars are coming back with a vengeance. There will be plenty to choose from for around $20,000 in a few years. Its a war right now for the young crowd
I agree. Small cars are gonna take over again. Not just smaller cars but more affordable, more powerful cars. Bang for the buck seems to be the big trend and I don't think it's gonna die down soon. At least, I hope not.

that Azeal is sexy, reminds me of the Caddilac CTS/STS front end.

jandree22 said:
Tiburons IMO look so good and how some muscle to them, but I can't get over the Hyundai thing. I know they're much better than they used to be and they've got the 10yr warranty, but unless I get convinced somehow otherwise, I just dont know how I could go with that.
I agree with you also. I went to a local dealer a few months ago, just browsing for something different from my Legend (this was when I was considering getting rid of it). I was about to go look at something, I forgot what it was, but this lady comes out trying to show me a Kia Spectra. Granted, it's a pretty decent looking car, not bad for the budget-minded young person, but for the same price, I could've gotten a Scion tC aka a Toyota. She was trying to sell me how Hyundai bought Kia so now they're supposed to be so much better but I'm like, "HYUNDAI, not HONDA bought KIA" They have that 10 year warranty cause you're more than likely gonna need it. Not tryina downtalk Hyundai or Kia cuz I'm sure they're building better cars these days, but personal preference, you'll probably never find me owning one. I have my mom's next door neighbor's daughter to thank for that. Her and her stupid squealing Accent. :mad:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I thought they turned that concept into the 5 door Nissan Versa... Concept looked nice... Versa looks like PUKE.

skittleslegend said:
It's not going to be replaced. It's moving up a class (same way the Civic did), so Nissan can bring in a new car to compete with Scion. That's what the Sport Concept was designed for, whenever that's to be released.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
skittleslegend said:
I almost talked my girl into one when she was looking at the Audi. They're nice. I test drove one. Good stuff. Automatic that drives like a stick, as far as shifting. Good torque, not a whole lotta body roll for a car that size. My only remark was that they only come in Red. I'm not doing another Red car.

Oh wait, I was talking about my girl wanting to buy it, not me. How'd I start talking about me? lol....um....She didn't really want one either. :D
only in red? i've seen them in a gunmetal colour.

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
jandree22 said:
What you guys think about them? I know I'm gonna get bias here, thats understood, it's a Civic site after all. But both the Civic Sedan and possibly the SE-R Spec V are under consideration for me. (I don't think the Si is an option as it's two door and I don't want to put up with the hassle of tracking one down.)

Basically, either the Civic Sedan or the SE-R are both right around $20k. The Civic gives me better gas mileage, navigation and possibly slightly better reliability. The SE-R Spec V gives me a 6spd, torquey 2.5L(180lb/ft), and stiffer suspension.

A N/A Imprezza would be under consideration too, but they decided to beat the front end with an ugly stick for 06

Well, I was actually in the same predicament as youa few years ago. I choose the Honda only because of resale value and they had a promo of 0.9% APR going on. The other thing that swayed me away from the SE-R was that I was looking at a first year one, if you look back, the first year the current SE-R came out they had problems with oil blow by in the pistons and tranny seal problems. At that point the civic had been out for a second year and the car was more extablished. I think right now is the time to buy one, it may be an older style and out next year, but at least it's got all the bugs out of it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts