8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few days ago we were talking about Nissan wanting to get the GT-R to an SAE-certified 480hp so it would match the Porsche 911 Turbo, one of its chief rivals. It looks like that should be an easy feat if the dyno numbers coming out of Japan today are solid - and it looks like they are. According to testing done on a Dynapack dynamometer, the new GT-R pumps 482PS (475hp) to all four hubs, with torque peaking at 580Nm (428lb-ft) at the hubs.

Assuming parasitic drivetrain losses around 15% - although the loss could be even larger given the GT-R’s all-wheel drive platform - that would put power at the crank around 550hp and 495lb-ft of torque - absolutely insane numbers for a 3.8L engine, twin-turbo or not. Suspicious? Head on over to NAGTROC, the North American GT-R Owners Club forums, where poster Chuck H has links to photographic evidence of the testing, complete with shots of the dyno screen.

While these numbers seem to fit more aptly with the GT-R’s 3800lb curb weight and its scorching ‘Ring times, it still seems odd that a car with a drag coefficient of 0.27 would top out at anything under 200mph with 550hp under the hood. Maybe there’s more to this story than meets the eye. We’ll keep you updated as things unfold.

Thanks to Jeff for the tip!

Motor Authority » Nissan GT-R dyno: 475hp at the hubs
^source

The reason why the 38000lbs can beat a 911 Turbo :thumb:

The truth is leaking out about the car like I said it would. This is a good thing as the GTR is insane!

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
hmmm, why would it be 15% more if the reading is @ the hubs and NOT at the wheels? impressive numbers regardless though...

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
i know that, but power to the crank > hubs > wheels and it is usually 15% more to the wheels that would indicate crank power...
okay, I think 15% was just a random guess, since the loss would probably be fairly high seeing as this car is dual clutch and AWD. Either way this car is awesome.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
only if i have money.............

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes its impressive and explains a lot of things now. Like how a car so heavy van move so fast rofl

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dynapacks are not that accurate considering they don't take the weight of the wheel into consideration when they dyno. I have seen people dyno 50 whp more ona dyna pack then a mustang dyno.

·
Registered
524 Posts
i made a vow to myself that i would own a skyline by the time i was 26 lol..its been my favorite car along with the evo III ever since i was little

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
i dont see what your worried about. isnt more hp for less $ what you like into a car? you should be happy with nissan. remember how you keep telling me that the vette is so much better value because it has more hp than the GT3?

it still beat the vette with a parasitic drivetrain and less power/weight ratio however. haha.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i made a vow to myself that i would own a skyline by the time i was 26 lol..its been my favorite car along with the evo III ever since i was little
**** if you can afford a 80k car when your 26.....I feel like I havent done enough in life :xyxnervou

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i dont see what your worried about. isnt more hp for less $ what you like into a car? you should be happy with nissan. remember how you keep telling me that the vette is so much better value because it has more hp than the GT3?

it still beat the vette with a parasitic drivetrain and less power/weight ratio however. haha.
umm z06 vettes still cheaper by 10 grand and this car hasnt been proven to beat it! just like the guy that thought the turbo was faster then a vette. We will see and if it is great it should be for the price!

would I buy one?
maybe in red.....looks very good in red as silver does GTR looks no justice

Face!!!!

and you forgot the zr-1...
under 100k and 650hp!!!!!

would I buy that as a daily over the GTR if I could afford 80 grand? I dunno, they arent out yet and we are learning so much about them both

you damn guys are like vultures trying to take a shot at me any chance you get. Learn your place! rofl j/k

remember I do not "own" a z06. So I dont care if the GTR is faster. I care if its FASTER then my MONARO aka GTO and its not in a straight line.. which I built it for and CARE about so there :laughing:

BTW

the GTR is awesome..
you should be thanking me for finding this info not well BLAHH BLAAH

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
umm vettes still cheaper by 10 grand!
im not talking about cheaper im talking about how you go on about how fast the vette is in drag races and how much HP it has. you never "see" how i show you its 'ring time with an equally weighted 415HP car means something about its handling.

but here you are rambling about the 3800lb weight, but guess what it weighs 27% more than a Vette, but this dyno revaltion only yeilds a "power increase" is only 15%, but over the what is it, 505HP Vette how much percent?

the GT-R STILL has a lower power/weight ratio and still did better than your vette, which means it still has excellent handling. you act like it was reviled to have 800HP or something. it didnt.

and you forgot the zr-1...
under 100k and 650hp!!!!!
thanks for proving my point that you want more HP/$ out of a car.

remember I do not "own" a z06. So I dont care if the GTR is faster. I care if its FASTER then my MONARO aka GTO and its not in a straight line.. which I built it for and CARE about so there :laughing:
yes, all those arguing you do for the Z06...this thread...you dont care...(rolls eyes)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts