8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I washed and clayed the Si today, so figured I would go out and do a little photoshoot. Since it was at night I went to Victoria Gardens and went into the parking garage. Waited until midnight so hopefully most people would be gone... Haha... Right... Still alot of people there.

Anyways, I took alot of pictures, but only a few ended up coming out good. What is the trick to night shots, if the camera is on night mode, the shutter stays open too long and it gets blurs, if it is in auto mode it wants to do the flash, and without the flash it is almost like it is pixelated and kinda grainy (a few of the posted pics show). Any tips? The camera is a Canon Powershot S3IS.

Also, I happened to come across not one, but two FA5's in the parking garage, both NHBP. I took a pic of each, and a pic of my FA5 next to each, I checked on my way out when I was leaving, kinda hoped the owner would be coming out so I could talk to them, but no avail. Maybe their owners are members here on the 8th?

Also saw a clean SRT-4, so snapped a pic...

Anyways, on to the pics:

EDIT: Went back out tonight to practice night shots... Better, but im still getting alot of grainy pictures, again only a few came out good. I had it on manual mode, F2.7, ISO 400, 1/10 for most of the pics, although I messed around with all of the settings at times. Marc, you said highest F value, which is 8.0 for me, it was too dark.

Anyways, heres what I got...

And with a little photoshop border...

·
Doraemon!
28,229 Posts
Get a tripod, set your camera to manual mode, ISO 100, highest "f" value, and expose the shot for a long time.

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
Image Date: 2007:11:21 23:19:10
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 50.0mm
CCD Width: 4.01mm
Exposure Time: 106.000 s
Aperture: f/22.0
ISO equiv: 100

White Balance: Manual
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Hey! That's my FA5 with the flat black wheels.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
Get a tripod, set your camera to manual mode, ISO 100, highest "f" value, and expose the shot for a long time.

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
Image Date: 2007:11:21 23:19:10
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 50.0mm
CCD Width: 4.01mm
Exposure Time: 106.000 s
Aperture: f/22.0
ISO equiv: 100

White Balance: Manual
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
The other advantage of a higher aperture setting... it increases your depth of field, which makes more of your pic in focus. :thumb:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool I will try that. I know how to take good shots, but not at night. As for getting out of the car I did for the pics of my car, I just didnt get out of my car at first for the pics of the other FA5's. I was really hoping that the garage would clear out, it was kinda wierd taking pics with people walking by looking at me strange. I cruised past the other FA5's a few times to see if the owners were walking out, kinda wanted to talk to them since both looked like they were into modding.

·
Registered
223 Posts
MorphiasX
im pretty sure me and you raced on the 110S towards san pedro

i had a wakaba badge on my trunk, and black/chrome lip'ed rims
i was a black coupe.. was that you?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nah man, I havnt been on the 110 in a while... My Si is completely stock in appearance though, so I guess there are alot of Si's that look like mine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts