8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says whats the nicest sounding sri for the si's? opinions welcome :popcorn:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
shouldn't your question be what makes the most power? i mean if it sounded awesome and lost hp why would you still want it?.

X intake would be my suggestion for best hp. and sri's do sound better then cai's. so if your gonna choose one X would get my vote. its not as loud as others from what i gather but eh .

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
funny he said the k&n since its by far the worst performer out of all the intakes maybe just as bad as aem lol. there all pretty terrible when compared to x's though.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i have an injen sri and i love the sound it produces. you can really see the tach move quite a bit quicker with better response and more power than with stock. i havent heard other sri's in person, so i cant really compare my injen sri to others, unless you do it with videos/soundclips, but you really lose the quality sound the intakes actually produce. but nonetheless, i enjoy my injen short ram. and like the others said before me, x's intake is quiet since it uses oem plastic intake, the metal pipes is what brings the sound out. and as what they say about power, if you ask me, any sri would produce the same amount of power, they're all the same thing if you ask me. and x's intake, he uses oem plastic, which i think would still be restrictive, but i guess since its plastic it would be less prone to heat soak. but thats my two cents, i'm sure someone will get on me about what i think about x's intake, my opinion though... sorry so long... James

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
i have an injen sri and i love the sound it produces. you can really see the tach move quite a bit quicker with better response and more power than with stock. i havent heard other sri's in person, so i cant really compare my injen sri to others, unless you do it with videos/soundclips, but you really lose the quality sound the intakes actually produce. but nonetheless, i enjoy my injen short ram. and like the others said before me, x's intake is quiet since it uses oem plastic intake, the metal pipes is what brings the sound out. and as what they say about power, if you ask me, any sri would produce the same amount of power, they're all the same thing if you ask me. and x's intake, he uses oem plastic, which i think would still be restrictive, but i guess since its plastic it would be less prone to heat soak. but thats my two cents, i'm sure someone will get on me about what i think about x's intake, my opinion though... sorry so long... James
do i need to bring out the dyno sheets again, same day, same dyno, same hr of dyno, injen CAI vs Xintake owner of the car there as a witness 11 WHP over the injen pull

not all intakes make the same power. if you want a really nice sounding intake that give decent gains go for the fujita:thumb:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
shouldn't your question be what makes the most power? i mean if it sounded awesome and lost hp why would you still want it?.
sound is a big thing because why would you want something loud as hell that would be an issue if you ever pull up next to a cop at a stop light? also the power wasn't my main question because there's like 437828 different pages of debating whereas there are no other topics on the best sounding intake.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
you forgot to mention though the fujita gave scary afr's :p
um. home made or not it flat out OWNS every other intake on the market by a LARGE margin. so how could you say only a little. and what i said was if its loud doesnt mean its good. thats all i meant. x's intake is also quiet. another plus. imo.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i may put my stocker back on till i get x's modded maf in the mail so i can make my own X intake. i think the stocker would be no worse off then my injen sri. i havent decided yet.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow the x intake is very impressive, I retract my previous statement. anyways I ordered the injen sri a few days ago I just hope I'm happy with it. I hear aem quality sucks, fujita gives messed up a/f ratios and k&n doesn't make power. haven't heard anything bad about injen, anyone have any input?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts