8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about changing it up a bit.. dont' want the T/A theme anymore and I want something a bit lighter. I'm getting tired of constantly cleaning the wheels..

I'm looking for something dark bronze (like the work XD-7s I think), as close to possible as that. I wish I could afford the works but I can't. I also wouldn't mind gold wheels (hey, they look good on white) or some blue wheels (I really love that anodized blue look that k20sdn has). What 'good' wheels (and I mean good as in don't weigh 25 lbs) can I get for ~$800? 17" is a must since I just spent $600+ on tires that fit 17s.

Thanks all

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
i like alot of rotas, and they're like $700 shipped. i also like the RPM2s from enkei i think those are a little over 800 for 17.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like a lot of Rotas as well but I can never find a good site to buy them from. The RPM2s aren't a style I really like.. I like the 5/6 spoke, kinda thicker spokes. I guess the cr-kais (?) look good as well. My ideal wheel would be the white Type R wheels but those are unattainable :(

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Or rpf-1's

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Get the konig feather 10's in gold or black. JLB motorsports sells em for $499 shipped. That's where I bought mine from and I couldn't be happier.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
look for used...clubrsx, k20a, and h-t forums have some crazy deals if your patient...I generally can find them for 50% off and still 10/10 rating...there is no way to be a cheap JDM wheel whore, but saving 50% can sure justify the purchase (in my feeble mind).

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I am always to worried about buying used wheels - i rather buy new for the piece of mind.
look for people to vouch for them...alot of the times its an example just like this one, I bought ______ ________ rims had them for 3 months now I want ____ ____ rims...if you can find alot of people to vouch for them, then why not? honestly I get alot better deals on forums and part outs than I ever did from ebay or such....and brand new jdm rims...i'm to impatient to wait...and the price is ubsurd...just my .02

·
Registered
2,380 Posts

Team Dynamics supposedly makes some good stuff. They are track tested and used in some European racing leagues. They're light (18 lbs or so for 17x7) and less than $200 per wheel. Available in pretty much any offset you want. Multiple colors available. That one is the Pro Race 1. The Pro Race 1.3 is similar but with a lot more sizing options.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks all I'll check that stuff out. What I really want are Rota Vectors (since I can't justify spending that much on works :( ) but I can only find one site on the net that has the Vectors for sale and they're 700 Euros (a bit over 1k USD).

Gonna check those feathers out, that's disgustingly cheap at $499.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts