8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read in Motortrend that the next Si could be based off of the CR-Z hybrid concept. It would still have the K20 but in a 2600 lbs chassis. That's almost a 300 lbs difference from the current Si. At that power to weight, the Si could keep up with the SS MS3 etc. Also (as always) a type r is rummored too.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They said it would be a 2 seat 2 door ah la crx but with the way Honda works, if they do make it, it would replace the Si as the fwd performance car.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
the current Civic will run untill atleast an 09 MY probably 10 as the last.

that puts a new Si atleast 2 years away. Hyundai's RWD Genesis Coupe/Tiburon and Toyota's 2400lb RWD car should be out by then, pass.

i dont think performance FWD is gonna cut it much longer unless you go down to 2200-2300lbs like the Fiat Barchetta.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I just read in Motortrend that the next Si could be based off of the CR-Z hybrid concept. It would still have the K20 but in a 2600 lbs chassis. That's almost a 300 lbs difference from the current Si. At that power to weight, the Si could keep up with the SS MS3 etc. Also (as always) a type r is rummored too.
Well, considering that the FN2 is based off the next-gen Fit/Jazz chassis, this isn't too hard to believe.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
so when did they say this would be coming out?
CR-Z concept into said a 2009 planned date for for that. Interesting, I wonder is the Si going to just be a sportier model of the concept? I thought the whole concept was already going to be a sports 2 seater.

All speculation but i HOPE they come out with a base CRZ. Or go the extra mile and bring over a diesel! :dancing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.