8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so now i have i/h/e tb spacer...idk what i want next. kinda stuck on reflash then a lil extra money or zex 55 wet shot. what do you guys think? :vtec:

·
Registered
147 Posts
u got the NST pulleys yet? u can also get some new cams but i doubt u will since theres no tuning out yet. well u can always get the NST Pulleys and Ingalls Stiffy.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeaa im not to worries ab cams yet...atleast want reflash before cams. and no im not really wantin pullies, i had UR's but ive already sold them.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
If your staying all-motor then I would recommend PnP'd intake manifold. Also look into getting some head work done along with stiffer springs/dual retainers, and cams... then raise your redline to 10k and start auto-x'ing your car :)

whats your suspension setup btw?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea id like ported mani but idk if i should run ported mani and bigger tb etc. with stock ecu...and dont have money for cams and head work now

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
after the mani and TB you'll DEEEEFINATELY want a custom tune ... I mean unless running super lean and popping and rebuilding your motor is in your budget (seeing as how u cant even afford the head...) LOL ...

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeaa thats why im thinking reflash first...i wouldnt mind running a 55shot tho lol. i wish the car was tunable tho. bc i thought ab gettin the zex kit. then hopefully someone will work around eveything soon. then i could get a vafc2 or neo..

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
k20beast said:
yeaa thats why im thinking reflash first...i wouldnt mind running a 55shot tho lol. i wish the car was tunable tho. bc i thought ab gettin the zex kit. then hopefully someone will work around eveything soon. then i could get a vafc2 or neo..
no dude your not understanding the POINT of a reflash...

a reflash is to make the car run properly with the corresponding mods ON THE CAR AT THAT TIME...

so if you reflash the car and THEN put on the manifold and TB... your right back to square 1 with needing ANOTHER reflash...

Your best bet is to save up enough to just buy all 3 at the same time to be honest with ya... :vtec:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no the hondata reflash isnt changing for anyones car...it will do just as good with my setup as is or plus ported mani and tb... bc there is no real tuning with the reflash.i mean yea it changes vtec crossover and rev limiter and yes its expecting better flow therefor the reason for min. of intake or header. so by me adding the ported mani and tb later would make no difference. just the relfash will take car of it unlike the stock ecu. bc the flash is already expecting better intake/exhaust flow...

The reflash isnt tunable... ^^^^

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
srt4 knows what he is talking about you are the one not understanding. hes saying WAIT until we can tune our cars. getting the reflash wont making doing those other mods to your car any better. you will be running very lean most likly. more air and not adding more fuel is bad news.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Speaking of springs......

I have a brand new set of rev racing valve springs i need to sell for cheap!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Nathen said:
srt4 knows what he is talking about you are the one not understanding. hes saying WAIT until we can tune our cars. getting the reflash wont making doing those other mods to your car any better. you will be running very lean most likly. more air and not adding more fuel is bad news.
:laughing: that kid is an idiot... seriously... he wants to get his car reflashed... and then cram all this air into his car... and NOT retune it after? Sooo... wouldnt the first reflash be COMPLETELY pointless? LOL :laughing:

·
Registered
816 Posts
i dont think it means that it will ONLY work with the mods AT that same exact time. I dont think it matters, you will make more mid range if u have a CAI and Reflash and if u add a header to it it will also gain. Your reflash wont disapppear when u put on header or somehting

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
confusedxpanda said:
i dont think it means that it will ONLY work with the mods AT that same exact time. I dont think it matters, you will make more mid range if u have a CAI and Reflash and if u add a header to it it will also gain. Your reflash wont disapppear when u put on header or somehting
no but hes talking intake manifold and throttle body... both of which IF YOU GET A HIGH QUALITY FLOW BENCH TESTED TB and IM combo can DEFINATELY lean out your motor 1-2 FULL points on the AFR scale... i've seen it happen before ... its the basics of understanding air/fuel ratio's and what effects them

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no im not an idiot but i think we are on differnt pages...bc im sayin the reflash will help me more than running on stock ecu. but yes i wont get the full effect. bu then again theres no way to tune the car at all now. so why even waste me on mani or tb now. so im lost with what your saying to. like with all the retuning and stuff..i cant get a tune anyways

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
I wouldnt do anything else until your suspension is 100% maxed out. No use in having power if you cant get the full benifit. coilovers, ingalls stiffy, sway bars, tie bars, better tires, lighter rims, and your set!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts