8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my yellow fogs both cracked and stopped working after a week:SHOCKED:

should i bit*h at my local shop who installed them or contact procivic>?

any help would be great guys!

·
Registered
126 Posts
the installers are not at fault....but you could call procivic and see if they are nice enough to supply a new set.....but to be honest theres no fault here it just happens bad timing is all.....good luck with this i just ordered the k2 motors ones for a cheap solution myself.....there is a company making a protective film for this problem idk the name but just search this site Im sure youll find it

·
Registered
682 Posts
Welcome to the club. Mine lasted 2 weeks. They were not bought from procivic though. I just put some lexan lenses in the fogs, hopefully going to install them next week.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
if you don't do lexan, , get some laminex covers to protect the glass. my oem one cracked. fortunately not all the way through. it looks like a rock chip in a windshield. i put the covers on and it had kept it at bay.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
sounds like you got the same ones i did. i got them from procivic and they are doing just fine. only compaint is that cheap ass button. i had to mod that **** to get it to fit!

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
sounds like you got the same ones i did. i got them from procivic and they are doing just fine. only compaint is that cheap ass button. i had to mod that **** to get it to fit!
The foglight button that came with my kit was a POS as well. I had to take a sharpie pen to it to cover up the poor paint job on the button.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
If they're glass it's no ones fault, just the consequence of having glass so close to the road at high speeds.

As others have suggested replace the lenses with plastic or get new fogs and put a laminate over them for a bit of extra "cushion" from those 75 mph pebbles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lexan sounds like a great idea. Can you get it in yellow though, or do you have to get clear and put the yellow overs lays on?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts