8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
If it is going to be the last one...BUY IT! 20 years from now, you know what that would be worth?
1968 Vette with the 427 was $4663
Today it fetches 50-65k depending on if it was a 4 barrel or tri-power

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Hybrid Corvette anyone? GM could build one if they wanted to which they should. Ford is making the twinforce twin turbo V6 with 30+MPG. Im sure GM can do something like that.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Shame to see Z labeled Vettes go they're cool!
Instead of being lazy and pushing the Vette over the cliff, how about GM makes an effort to produce a high MPG, "green" city car or two to get their MPG average up across their model line to the required levels. I'm sure other marques will rise to the challenge and keep their halo cars.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
I wonder how Ferrari..and porsche are going to survive this? An electric ferrari or hybrid doesnt work for me no matter what... havent you guys thought about this?
The corvette gets better gas mileage than thier production models...

just like the Opec embargo..you are witness to the death of the muscle car again. Grab your muscle car when you can guys!!!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
I wonder how Ferrari..and porsche are going to survive this? An electric ferrari or hybrid doesnt work for me no matter what... havent you guys thought about this?
The corvette gets better gas mileage than thier production models...

just like the Opec embargo..you are witness to the death of the muscle car again. Grab your muscle car when you can guys!!!
dont know about ferrari, but a porsche isnt using a 7.0 liter engine like the ZO6.
their motors are already much more advanced with 415hp coming out of a 3.6 liter..a motor half the size of a corvette.

so yea, this old technology and the bigger is better theory is biting them in the ass...time to advance their motors liek teh rest of teh manufaturers.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
dont know about ferrari, but a porsche isnt using a 7.0 liter engine like the ZO6.
their motors are already much more advanced with 415hp coming out of a 3.6 liter..a motor half the size of a corvette.

so yea, this old technology and the bigger is better theory is biting them in the ass...time to advance their motors liek teh rest of teh manufaturers.

what DOES displacement have to DO with GAS MILEAGE..
TELL ME?

BTW the vette is the only sports car not porsche..that avoids the gas guzzler tax..sigh

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I don't think they are talking about Corvette in general, I think they are talking about 620hp supercharged versions of the vette like the ZR1.
From what I recall seeing at a dealership, the 2008 base vetter actually got pretty decent highway mileage. I think it was like 24 highway or something. I'm guessing 6th is really tall.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.