8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a few days now... I bought my '07 Civic Si Coupe two weeks ago. I'll post pictures later.

Currently, I'm waiting on paperwork (license / registration) to arrive from my dealer. Until that comes in the mail, I can't legally drive it (it has no plates).

So far, I'm loving the car -- and hoping to learn a lot from these forums. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I've been lurking for a few days now... I bought my '07 Civic Si Coupe two weeks ago. I'll post pictures later.

Currently, I'm waiting on paperwork (license / registration) to arrive from my dealer. Until that comes in the mail, I can't legally drive it (it has no plates).

So far, I'm loving the car -- and hoping to learn a lot from these forums. :thumb:

They didnt give you temporary plates? Dealerships usaully give you those plats with a date on it that allows you to drive until you get you permanant plates in.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what color is it? and welcome
Rally racing red! :dancing:

They didnt give you temporary plates? Dealerships usaully give you those plats with a date on it that allows you to drive until you get you permanant plates in.
Well, sort of a long story there...But what the heck:

Basically, my uncle is a car dealer. He was going to find me a really good deal on a car I wanted. I gave him a list of 6 different cars (Honda Civic Si being one of them), and he looked at auction. In Nashville, he struck gold. We got a 2007 Civic Si with about 50k miles on it (not too bad for a first car...Kind of high for an '07 though) for only $12,100.

Now, how these car auctions usually work is: The dealer buys the car online. The auction site then loads it on a truck, and ships it to the dealer, where the consumer buys it and picks it up (with temporary tags and everything). Unfortunately, my uncle's car dealership is in southern Mississippi, and I'm in Northern Kentucky. Wanting to drive 3 hours instead of 10, we called the auction site and asked if we could pick the car up there instead. They agreed to it (they said it wasn't as common, but people pick up cars there every now and then), and on January 17th we drove down, and picked it up around noon. The next 2-3 hours were probably the most illegal 200 miles of my life. I was eager to have a new car, so I might have been breaking a few speed limits, and I was driving the entire way with no tax, title, registration, or insurance. :thumb:

Once we got home, I parked it in the garage. We've got an insulated garage door, so it's stayed around 60 degrees in there the entire time. For the past two weeks, I've been detailing every square inch of the car. I can't wait to drive it! :dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Welcome.!
Thanks!

I posted replying to the others, but it said it wouldn't appear until a mod read it... :scratches:

Wonder why?

Guess I'll just answer them here and ignore the double post:

06civictx -- It's rally racing red! :D

DJ N1S -- Long story short (long version will come with the apparently non-existent post): We have a bad dealer...And funny enough, he's my uncle.

·
Registered
590 Posts

welcome to 8th gen!
you have no idea how much fun they are yet!
enjoy!

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
congrats and welcome to the site

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
for lazy's

If u have a photobucket pic you can just put [ IMG ] on the front and [ / IMG ] on the back (without the spaces) and it will show it.

Sweet ride man! How much did u get it used for? How many miles? Got any future plans?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
for lazy's
[picture]

If u have a photobucket pic you can just put [ IMG ] on the front and [ / IMG ] on the back (without the spaces) and it will show it.

Sweet ride man! How much did u get it used for? How many miles? Got any future plans?
I know the whole [ img ] thing...I was just being lazy. :eek:hsnap:

Bought it for $12,100 with just under 52,000 miles. It rolled over on the drive back.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ha they taped my temp. plate to my rear window and when I pulled out of the dealer I immediately hit V-Tec with my windows open and it flew out the window. I had to go back and get a new one ha.

Oh and welcome vexi0n. :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ha they taped my temp. plate to my rear window and when I pulled out of the dealer I immediately hit V-Tec with my windows open and it flew out the window. I had to go back and get a new one ha.
NICE! :D

At first, I didn't know what V-Tec really was... But after just about 1 minute on these forums I learned -- so it's basically a power-boost at 6000 RPMs?

Also, I remember hearing some sort of statistic: Honda has built _____ V-Tec systems, and not one has messed up... Anyone remember the number?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
welcome! rallye red is the best color !! hahahha.
The color is nice (especially when detailed!) but I think it might draw a bit too much unwanted attention! :D

I really like the dark red, and the blue color too. I wonder how much Honda charges for a paint job? :scratches:

Asides from that, the only "mods" I'm considering doing to the car at the moment are the RSX cubby / cup holder doors, and maybe down the road a bit some performance mods (suspension, brakes, sway / strut bars, etc...). I do NOT plan to "rice" my civic. The Si spoiler is already too big for me...Any mods I do will be discrete.

:dancingcoolsmiley:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts