8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was messing with some ideas about our grill and just started working.
-i have always liked the look of the new mugen rr civic and the type-s rsx front grills, so i made a sorta hybrid out of mine to resemble something a little less cluttered and flows the front lines better. what do you guys think? excuse the horribly dirty SI.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well you know how the RR only has the big black center piece? well i just dissassembled mine and sprayed it with semigloss black and applied a thin coat of clear. then i had to cut the actual bumper under it as well because there are lots of little braces and bs that are red and black and grey. then i finally finished by cutting very close angles on the H part and cut off the peices that come down toward the lights. then i ran the same little silver screws through a aluminum bracket behind the SI emblem and attached it to the bumper so its super sturdy as well.
-it is flawless up close and far away. looks sooooo much better than the multi-layered plastic that was happening in there to begin with.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sucky thing is: i didnt take any pics along the way......so the only info i have for diy would be just me typing step by step instructions with no diagrams:(
boo on me.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
se7engen_ride said:
oh yea by the way...did you use a high heat spray paint? did you primer it?
used engine enamel mostly for the fact that is very durable.
also, i just sanded the grill down to the base red/grey and used that as the primer.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh and the bumper still has the supports on the sides. a dude pmed me asking how sturdy the bumper was now that the sides were missing by the lights. BUT they are still there, just cant see them cuz they're black and in the dark now:lildevil:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts