8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

New Tune!!! GReddy #'s inside!

4K views 74 replies 19 participants last post by  nycclaye 
#1 ·
No dyno once again but I will have one in two weeks when I go get my car dynoed elsewhere and not being deployed...

Upgraded my injectors and turned my boost up 1 PSI...

For those who say 370CC to 440CC injectors don't make a difference. You are WRONG...

370 CC injectors - 271 WHP and 232 TRQ @ 8 PSI

440 CC Injectors - 292 WHP and 252 TRQ @ 9 PSI

:wheee::wheee: :vtec::vtec:

#6 ·
ive always wondered why people insist on asking for videos of things like this. what good will it do anybody? all youll see is a car driving around aimlessly

i mean, i can understand if its a video of racing aorund a trakc or at the strip or something. but besides that... i just dont get the desire

#12 ·
hey lovecheese, Me no likey you no more. Where did you get your injectors from and what brand? I was going to order the 550cc RC Engineering, and get mine retuned next saturday.

Thought you were sellin the car?!?! Do I smell a part out???

#21 · (Edited)
yes, but how exactly are you going to judge the product by a video online? unless its professionally done. someone holding a camera sitting in the passenger seat of a car isnt going to help you 'really' feel what its like to drive it

im the one that made the videos that soxfan has of his turbo setup.. and let me tell you, the videos dont make you feel anything at all like the real thing.

#27 ·
The RDX injectors are CRAP!!! Trust me. Everyone that uses them with this kit or even with the TSI kit has issues with fueling and making power. They are NOT better than the RC 440cc at all. Trust me guys. Stick with what works and with what people have proven what works.

#30 ·
sorry mike, but I'm going to have to trust the rocket scientists at honda on this one and not you, no offense...these are honda injectors designed for boost...if someone you know or you yourself didn't get them to work right it was bad programming. RC engineering is a great company, but there's a reason honda didn't recruit those guys coming out of college.

#34 ·
debating that too. I'd like to know by the end of the day if I should go 550 or 440. I wanna order them today so i can have my car re_tuned with them next saturday w/ bov install

I'm still tempted for the exhaust. 8 WHP will make me happy.
im going to get a quote today about the exhaust being made. know of anyone that sells one for us?

#29 ·
Alrighty guys! First of all, Thank you for all the kind words! I am coming home in 12 days and I will post new pictures/videos of my car and link them to Fquick...

I bought RC Engineering Fuel Injectors and Clips to go with it. This is the only upgrade I have done from the orginal GReddy kit. My exhaust is a Skunk 2 70 MM, but I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of it and increasing to a 3" exhaust system.

I believe with in the next year, after I buy a good clutch, which I'm thinking stage 3 instead of stage 2 now, tires and what not, I'm going to be the guinea pig and get a mild port and some turbo cams.

#36 ·
I think 550s would be a safe route to go with this turbo kit, i mean this is a very conservitive kit. but with 550s at least you have a foundation to maximize this kits power. So in the future when a real tuning solution is created, we can all upgrade our turbos, tune with the 550s we have in, and make some insane numbers. I guess its always better to over build a setup now, then constantly upgrading partsl. i mean the kit comes with 370!!! my stock dsm was at 450, and this turbo is bigger!

#37 ·
Soxfan was saying the 550's have a crappy spray pattern and to stay away from them, but then again he doesn't like the rdx injs either.

cheese-you can run the coupe catbacks on a sedan if you get the extender pipe or have one made. its only a 3 inch difference. i think procivic sells one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.