8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , I am a new comer. I like to introduce my self, my name is Alfy and I am 15 about to turn 16 next month. First of all I want to say that the civic is a awesome car. Has been my favorite since I was 13 years old. Now that I am about to turn 16, my parents want to buy me a car for my birthday <smile>.

I love this car so much, that one time at school I seen a black civic with 20 inch chrome rims. It was so awesome looking, that I hugged it. The person who owns the car got out his car and told me, what I was doing to his car. At first I thought he was going to beat me up, because he pulled out a bat when he got out of the car. But after I explained why I was hugging his car, he became really nice to me.

He told me lots things about the civic that I didn’t know. Such as the car can get to 0-60 in 3 seconds. Now I don’t know if that is fast, because I don’t know anything about cars. but I can tell you this, when I drove with my mom in her Toyota prius, I counted on how long it took to get to 60, it took her 15 sec. so 3 seconds seems very fast. Also he told me, to make sure I have the Vtec on.

Now I don’t know what a Vtec is, but when I went for a test drive yesterday, me and the salesperson searched every where for the vtec button. I couldn’t find it, so I gave up on it. But I must say the car was super fast. I didn’t try to get to 60 in 3 seconds, because I had the salesperson with me, but wow I can feel the power. I cant wait to race against the Nissan 3z (not sure if that is right) I hear so much about that car, like it has a super charge button and turbo charger, But so expensive .

I must say that I am very impressed, but my dad who knows a lot of cars also owns a Aston martin vanquish, was not impressed. He told me the car felt to slow, and that I should get the Scion Turbo Charge. He told me that Scion turbo charge is better then vtech, which I don’t know what a turbo charge does. All I know is Vtech is fast.

Also I cant wait to get into drifting. My favorite movie of all time is Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift. I tried drifting in my sisters Honda accord, but for some reason I couldn’t get the back to skid ? the whole time the car felt like it was skidding in the front. Not sure what I did wrong. I even tried doing it at 50mph, but I lost control and hit a curb which made the car jump a couple feet off the ground. Now when I drive it, the steering wheel is wobbling very badly. Good thing is She doesn’t know that I took her car out . she might think she done it.

But can any one tell me some pointers on how to drift? So when I get my civic SI, I can join the local drift club here. Thanks.

I am so excited, I can finally stop riding my 10 speed bike and using my bike to pick up dates. Also the kids at school who owns civic will stop picking on me, and let me join their car club. Thanks all ill let you know what color I will get. Its going to be a 08 is all I know, Wish me luck .

Yours truly Alfy

·
Registered
45 Posts
alright, so this is a joke right. ha

sounds like someone needs to learn a couple of things before buying a car...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is waht i mean the guys at school picks on me. you gusy act just like them. here i am trying to find out more about the car, and you guys make a big joke out of it. all i want to do is learn. is there something wrong about learning about a car that love so much?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Not to be rude but i think there is still a lot of stuff for you to learn..

But welcome to the site!

You can really learn a lot about the civic in this forum.

·
Registered
568 Posts
HAHAHAAHAHAHA this is hilarious. Am I the only one who finds this funny
100th post yay

Okay now for your post. Learn first about your car and then ask questions that you cant find on Wikipedia. Its not hard to write 09 civic si on google and learn all about your motor,tranny, specs and all the basics you really need to know. Now not to bash on your dad but because he owns and nice car doesn't mean he knows about cars. It just means he has the money for a nice car, however if he does know about cars then ask him about the basics. Oh and if I saw you hugging my car I would beat you with a bat as well. Don't touch peoples cars its just not respectful.

Oh and if you find the vtec button please post I have been looking for it for ever. I believe it is right next to the eject passenger seat button but I could be wrong.

Last but not least
Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
HAHAHAAHAHAHA this is hilarious. Am I the only one who finds this funny
100th post yay

Okay now for your post. Learn first about your car and then ask questions that you cant find on Wikipedia. Its not hard to write 09 civic si on google and learn all about your motor,tranny, specs and all the basics you really need to know. Now not to bash on your dad but because he owns and nice car doesn't mean he knows about cars. It just means he has the money for a nice car, however if he does know about cars then ask him about the basics. Oh and if I saw you hugging my car I would beat you with a bat as well. Don't touch peoples cars its just not respectful.

Oh and if you find the vtec button please post I have been looking for it for ever. I believe it is right next to the eject passenger seat button but I could be wrong.

Last but not least
Welcome to the site.
EJECT-O SEAT-O CUZ!!!! HAHAA I LOVE THIS BUTTON!!!! :wheee:

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.