8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy
:wavey:
Just wanted to say hello. I'm a new Si sedan owner and have already been viewing this site WAY too much.
I am starting to look for some goodies for my car (ie. K&N Typhoon).
Any advice/information will be gladly accepted.

Any others in the Halifax area?

-J

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice to see some sedans showing up. There is lots of info on the site for goodies. Starting with an intake is always a good idea.

Try to make it to some of the meets too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Intake is actually being shopped for currently.
I was gung-ho for K&N typhoon...but starting to look at some AEM SRI now.

Any comments, suggestions, etc...?

Also, there is a shop outside of Truro that is CONSIDERABLY less than anything in the city for prices on the typhoon...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Local shops are hard to find. In HRM there are only a handful and so they can charge more than usual. I'm not too familiar with the K&N intake. My freind had an AEM SRI and I had an Injen CAI.

Both were quality products. The SRI was louder than stock in any RPM but has the issue of heatsoak since it is closer to the engine. The CAI had a deeper tone and really roared at higher RPM's. However, there is the issue of hydrolocking if you suck up alot of water. It is extremely rare for this to happen though.

If I was to do it again I would probably go with an SRI just because with a CAI I had to take the bumber off to change the filter. Either one will be a nice addition and the difference in HP between the two is so close it really doesn't matter.

If you are getting a good deal with your K & N then go for that. From what I remember my Injen was $350 and the AEM was $250+ I think.

Happy hunting.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Intake is actually being shopped for currently.
I was gung-ho for K&N typhoon...but starting to look at some AEM SRI now.

Any comments, suggestions, etc...?

Also, there is a shop outside of Truro that is CONSIDERABLY less than anything in the city for prices on the typhoon...
Welcome :wavey:
I have the CT-engineering intake and would recommend that to anyone.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
if i were you i would research hard before buying anything...parts are expensive and you don't want to be regretting any of your purchases..i have a x intake currently, but i'm considering the password jdm power chamber

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
balsagna
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing