8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I've been looking through this forum for quite sometime now and I've found some pretty interesting stuff and ideas. I currently have 2006 LX 4DR Black civic. Since I got a better job, I was thinking of getting an SI. Until my dad told "You do know you need premium gas for it right?" Is this true? I always wanted a coupe civic.. and because he said that I changed my mind and just leaned towards EXL. But I've always believed in the whole "Go big or go home" and me changing my car to a car that would cost me more, with 2 less doors (LOL) and with the same HP. So I just don't think it's worth it.

My the most ive seen my civic do was 550+ KM per full tank. How does an SI perform? Does it burn gas ALOT faster?

Thanks for the info guys!

Lastly, when and where do you guys meet? Is it an SI only meet? LOL coz I see mostly SI in the pictures.. :(

·
Registered
867 Posts
Recommended fuel is Premium, yes.

Mileage will very much vary depending on your driving habits and city vs highway trips.

Honestly, if you an afford the insurance and the slight increase in the cost for gas go for the Si. It'll be boatloads more fun than an R18 especially if you rev it up; at the expense of mileage of course lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
I went through a similar experience. From the get go the SI was out of my league cause of $$$. So I went on a hunt for an EX. But still couldn't afford it. On to the LX. But the mileage were too high for my budget. So I had to settle for a R18 FG1 DXG. I'm happy with it. This or a Hyundai!!! No brainer. Fackin cost of living!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
During my break-in period I hardly vtec my Si, I kid u not I went over 600km per tank mostly highway. Cost around $40-$45 per tank premium. Now I have some mods on the car and vtec here and there, but I still manage to get 500km on a good week. I think the only thing is insurance, other than that the car is quite reasonable to maintain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum, imo stay with a FA so much more practical FG and this is coming from a guy that drives a coupe.
I like FG better. =p

Welcome to 8th.
I went through a similar experience. From the get go the SI was out of my league cause of $$$. So I went on a hunt for an EX. But still couldn't afford it. On to the LX. But the mileage were too high for my budget. So I had to settle for a R18 FG1 DXG. I'm happy with it. This or a Hyundai!!! No brainer. Fackin cost of living!!!
Sorry im not familiar with these terms.. FA? FG? R18 FG1?

During my break-in period I hardly vtec my Si, I kid u not I went over 600km per tank mostly highway. Cost around $40-$45 per tank premium. Now I have some mods on the car and vtec here and there, but I still manage to get 500km on a good week. I think the only thing is insurance, other than that the car is quite reasonable to maintain.
And sorry what do you mean by you didn't Vtec your SI?

And thanks for the warm welcome!

My options are either get my dings/scratches taken care of and just make it look nice (rims etc) or totally change my car to an SI...

I have a lot of scratches.. ppl can't park for sh!t sometimes.. i hate.. sometimes I just want to take 2 spots to make sure LOL but of course I wont

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
:eek:mg:

I barely break $30-32 for a tank.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Roughly 10L/100km for my type S (500km per tank if you do the math). Better in the summer (9L/100km) and worst in the winter (10.5L/100km). With gas prices here in Toronto, premium works out to be $50ish per tank. Mind you, I do 50/50 hwy/city driving, and i :vtec: maybe 4-5 times a week on avg. I guess you have to pay more to have fun...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What sucks is, I start work @ 7:30AM and finish @ 4PM.. I drive from Brampton [Bovaird & Ching] to Mississauga [Dixie and Eglinton]. When I leave it traffic on the 410.. when I go home... still traffic on the 410.. UGH.. I get lucky to hit 500KM / full tank sometimes.. I'm in the same scenario as you airness77.. 50/50 HWY/City for me too.. I got a month to think it over.. I'm going to the Honda dealership my dad works @ to show me how a 4dr SI w/ aero kit looks like in person hehe

·
https://goo.gl/h7GssA
20,089 Posts
hi there welcome to 8thcivic,
my Si gets from 430-500 in the winter depending on the temp/humidity/driving style and 500-660km in the summer temp/humidity/driving style

if you always drive at the same speed/RPM and it's in the "butter zone" of the rpm/speed ratio then you will get the best mileage "race style" or "spirited" driving kills your mileage but boosts your happiness levels hahahaha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts