8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i've never had a import before so this is all new. i'm used to trucks and jeeps. but what are some good things i should know about my new (to me) civic. it's not the si. i want to start off with the usual exhaust and intake first and then go from there on what to do. let me know what you think and some mods i should do

·
Registered
613 Posts
skip the intake exhaust and get rims and a drop first. :D nice new car dude. keep it clean!
and make sure the exhaust that you're gona choose is a chambered one like the Tanabe Tuner Medallion. Avoid straight through exhausts.

·
Registered
613 Posts
too noisy. the R18 is no performance engine, so IMO, don't make it sound like one (unless you really plan on making it go fast). The chambered ones produce a deep bass sound rather than the crackle/higher pitched noises made by straight through canister exhausts... just my 2cents tho :)

some people will think you're rice if they see a stock car that has a loud exhaust...

in Spanish it's called Syento-Bente haha Syento means One hundred, Bente means twenty. This means you sound like you're going a hundred, but you're really just doing twenty. LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what brand would you consider? i've never heard any of the brands used in here before it's all new. i want something that will give me some better numbers without being headache annoying. i'm used to loud though i ran my 07 ram hemi open headers for a while.

·
Registered
613 Posts
BUT that's a V8! haha

just to compare, here's my R18 without an exhaust.

if it's legal wherever you live, then i guess removing your exhaust sounds decent, and not too loud IMO :) BUT you do loose a bit of low end torque due to the increased exhaust velocity, but there is a little gain in the top end RPM range

Brands?
Mugen, Spoon, Tanabe, Fujitsubo, Sheepdog, Blitz, HKS, Apex-I, DC Sports are some very good brands that sell chambered exhausts

·
Registered
279 Posts
too noisy. the R18 is no performance engine, so IMO, don't make it sound like one (unless you really plan on making it go fast). The chambered ones produce a deep bass sound rather than the crackle/higher pitched noises made by straight through canister exhausts... just my 2cents tho :)

some people will think you're rice if they see a stock car that has a loud exhaust...

in Spanish it's called Syento-Bente haha Syento means One hundred, Bente means twenty. This means you sound like you're going a hundred, but you're really just doing twenty. LOL
Hahaha..where did you learn spanish, Germany? :lildevil: j/k
It's Ciento Veinte BTW :thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.