8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an owner of a 2010 black FA5. I'm not really sure if I'm posting in the right section, but I joined the site because I really appreciated all of the info found throughout all of the threads.

Here's a question that I can't seem to find the answer to...

Why do people make such a big deal about the Type R conversion? Especially since parts alone are over 5k? I can tell that a website like this spends a whole lot of time fighting against the "ricer," but at least from where I'm from... spending that much money on a bunch of body parts is rice. Especially since the FA5 and the FD2R differences go deeper than body parts.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Some people just like it and some dont ! I like the way it looks but after it is done it does not even look like a civic any more so I dont like it for that reason !
Also they should not be able ro run for ROTM on here due to it not even looking like a 8th gen any more.

Just my 2cents :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well its obvious why people do it, to set them selfs apart from others. With it also being so expensive not everyone can become a part of the elite group. There are other reasons as well, such as some of us are originally from countries that supply JDM cars and prefer how the look over the USDM. Others may do it just to produse a show car for either business or pleasure. All in all one think you should also know is not to count your fellow 8th's pocket, cause we are all mature enought to manage our cash.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
it's all about being one off. why do people buy volk? or brides for there daily driver? it's about bragging rights and having a unique ride.

·
Registered
853 Posts
it's all about being one off. why do people buy volk? or brides for there daily driver? it's about bragging rights and having a unique ride.
:pinkyeahthat:

We mod our cars to be different and stand out from others of the same model. It's a piece of art... one that is never done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sorry, but there is nothing "one off" about having a JDM conversion. To be absolutely honest, it isn't even unique since, obviously there are plenty of people doing it in the US. I used to own a 3000GT VR4 and the same concept applied with people who were misguided enough to convert their base models to VR4s or rather VR2s. There is nothing elite about an FD2R. Let's be realistic here, FWD is designed with cost in mind that's at least why I bought it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh and I agree that people with type R conversions shouldn't be ROTM. People wonder why their isn't much aftermarket support for body kits and theirs your answer.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Why collect stamps? Cultivate a garden? Play golf? Run marathons? Travel?
Pastimes, hobbies, interests... whatever you want to call them, are whatever the individual wants them to be. No need to provide an answer really :)

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
I'm an owner of a 2010 black FA5. I'm not really sure if I'm posting in the right section, but I joined the site because I really appreciated all of the info found throughout all of the threads.

Here's a question that I can't seem to find the answer to...

Why do people make such a big deal about the Type R conversion? Especially since parts alone are over 5k? I can tell that a website like this spends a whole lot of time fighting against the "ricer," but at least from where I'm from... spending that much money on a bunch of body parts is rice. Especially since the FA5 and the FD2R differences go deeper than body parts.
First of all, welcome to 8thcivic.

Secondly, people make such a big deal about the Type R conversion is simply because they can not buy one in the US, so that the closest they can get.

Even if it would cost $5,000, you still have to pay to play.

As for the Ricer thing, genuine OEM parts usually don't fit in that category and notice the Type R conversion is still Genuine Honda parts and functional.

The FA5 and the FD2R are differences more than just body parts, but the FA5 have stuffs that the FD2R don't have and the FD2R have stuffs the FA5 doesn't, so there's nothing wrong with them sharing the same look, because they're both still Civic after all.

Oh and I agree that people with type R conversions shouldn't be ROTM. People wonder why their isn't much aftermarket support for body kits and theirs your answer.
Then again, even with the FD2R conversion, the Civic is still a Civic, so it still have the right to run for ROTM no matter what.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
It looks super sexy, its expensive to do, its rare. We don't have a type - r here. Whats so hard to understand about this?

Anytime someone invests a lot of money in their car and it comes out clean what is not to respect about that. Ricers generally don't have a lot of money to spend and buy cheap 100 dollar front bumpers, leave it unpainted. Go to autozone buy an exhaust and call it a day. Ricers with money put useless crap like UGLY nonfunctional body kits, underglows, and airbags and lambo doors on everything. It's just tasteless. OEM or quality after market body kits are not rice. IE mugen, j's racing, spoon, amuse etc.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts