8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody,

I just found this forum a couple days ago. I have a 2007 honda civic sedan and I love it. I don't think I'll get anything other than a civic for a long long time. But that being said I recently saw that you can modify the navigation system with a new head unit. This was extremely exciting to see especially since it looks so easy to install but I have a load of questions and since you guys know a lot about this stuff I thought I'd ask them of you guys! So here are my questions.

First, the new head unit I was looking at is Dasaita 10.2" Android 10.0 full kit.
here's the link

I have been reading the forums and I found that these Chinese companies aren't always that reliable and often break and don't last very long. So that being said, what do you guys think of this unit?

2. If the dasaita unit isn't any good I heard that pioneer and alpine make head units but I don't know where to find the kits that adapt the new screen to the car. Like how the dasaita comes with the space for the dials and stuff and the covering. Where can I find those?

3. If I get a new navi screen, will the audio play from it or will it play from my speakers in the car? I like my speakers haha.

4. Overall what new screen do you guys recommend? and if it doesn't include a kit (Meaning the covering for the stereo area) where can I get one?

Thanks Guys,

AmazinRazin!

·
Registered
32 Posts
starting with answers at question two, pioneer makes an outstanding product, comes with installation instructions, you will have to find the appropriate reciever to fit the hole left by the old system.

if you get a new head unit you will have to wire it to play through your speakers there is no internal speaker to the unit

·
Super Moderator
2,044 Posts
Check out this guys Youtube channel (John Nguyen). That unit looks like the unit I want to get and what's featured on the youtube video link below. What I HATE about Pioneer, Clarions, etc etc is that the interface is archaic and uncustomizable, nevertheless, they are more stable and have a strong customer support. With an Android, you can customize all you want via apps. Your bang for your buck is off the charts for these units compared to the "legacy" aftermarket manufacturers. As far as reliability, look to get units from Dasaitas, Seicane, Joying. These companies seem to have the better customer service and have the better components.

The Dasaita kit comes with all you need. If you Civic has a premium (amp) stereo, let them know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts