8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 09 Sedan LX CBP and I got new 17" rims and it looks like theirs too much space in between the tires and the body. I have no idea how to lower my car but i only want to lower it so it doesnt look too awkward.

any recommendations and how is the price range by the way. also i really do not know where to start. please assist me, thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
HFP suspension if you want to do coilovers, Eibach Pro kit if just springs. Will get rid of the gap.
ok so if i get the Eibach pro, will there be a problem if i get a new set of rims or tires in the future?

also how much do u think it will cost with the springs and the installation?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
No you wont have problems with new rims. You can run so many different sizes and be okay.

200 for springs, 100 for install. I did mine myself.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really? thats a pretty good price. a couple of my buddies were talking about lowering cars for $600 and whatnot and they mentioned things like shocks and whatnot. does this not have anything to do with me?

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
if youre not buying shocks it can be cheap, but with shocks youre looking at around 400 on those, 250 on the springs and probably another 150-200 on install, my coilovers cost me 150 to have put in and theyre fuly assembled from Skunk 2, so that means itll probably be more for a spring/shock since assembly is required, but that all depends on the shop you talk to

and I wouldnt call HFP a coilover kit, just another spring/shock combo. . . no height adjust = not coilovers as far as im concerned

1 - 6 of 6 Posts