8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats Up Guys im new to honda Tuning was alwyas into F Bodys

just got a 09 4door Civic (not the SI) i have $2500 to put into it witch way should i go for the most bang for my buck ......?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but i ment as in more what is a good brand in parts..? like for hedders n cat back ex and **** like that,,, what do i do first..? like is it cool to just from the star go drop a turbo kit? or should i go all motor from the start
?

my goal is a mid 13" in the 1/4 whats the best way to get there?

·
Registered
744 Posts
r18 wont get close to 13 or even 14 for that matter.. unless you are turboed. however, ajp is working on a turbo, price is not released which is creating nice numbers about 270 hp. if you want to go N/A i dont think you will get anywhere close to your time. as for header.. the r18 doesnt have a true header. the header is built into the engine. but you can switch the pipe which is considered a header.. good brand would probably be weapon R.. you can also get a downpipe i would suggest megan. for exhaust.. greddy and skunk2 and pretty popular. intake you can get injen, fujita or aem. and flashpro recently released a tuner for the r18, but its cost $700.. oh nst pulleys i heard have nice gains, and make the idle smoother. but unless your very serious i would just mod for aesthetics.

the r18 isn't going to be too fast without a blower..

·
Banned
873 Posts
Ok the R18 is not for power at all.

You want 13's or 12's you want to trade in for Evo or WRX.

Honestly, you should have got an Si to get those numbers.

The R18 is more cosmetic mods than anything.

I'm not saying are car is not capable it can be given some power. But basically none that will matter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so then in the long it would be better to just swap the motor?

and if so what kind and whats the price range?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its my wifes car she cant drive a stick thats why she diddnt get the SI but i was ganna get one to

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
so then in the long it would be better to just swap the motor?

and if so what kind and whats the price range?
:facepalm:
its my wifes car she cant drive a stick thats why she diddnt get the SI but i was ganna get one to
yea... auto r18 isn't gonna get you very far performance wise, and swapping out the engine + tranny is pointless. Might as well buy a new car with a much better platform. If your gonna mod, i would recommend cosmetic and suspension

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.