8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all !

New to the forum I just bought a 2007 NHBP Certified si sedan. The odometer reads just under 33k and I got a 100k bumper to bumper warranty.

I am a field service rep and have been doing same line of work for well over 20years where my car is my office. I just traded in my 2001 hyundai santa fe that had 283000 miles on the odometer for my si, and before that I had an 1990 acura integra that I put 233000 miles on that i traded in for the santa fe.

As you can see I drive alot! averaging about 30000 miles per year and keep them for at least 8 years.

with all that said I believe I am poised to be the high mileage champion in this forum, but am curious to hear from some high mileage owners of any civic si.

What can I expect regarding routine maintenance? With all my cars I try to keep to the book regarding maintenance i plan on only bringing the civic only to honda certified mechanics.

i have accepted that 80000 miles out of a set of tires will be a distant memory, I am betting with proper maintenance I will be lucky to get 30k out of a set. I am curious to see what others are getting out of their common maintenance items like brakes, clutch etc..

I look forward to your responses, i plan logging the life of my civic so that others may benefit from it.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Welcome to the forum :wavey:
I'm no expert on maintenance at all, but I do find the oil life monitor extremely handy.

·
Registered
809 Posts
well, I got my 09 SI Coupe Aug 2009. Was brand new with only 100 kms on it when I drove it off the lot. Had the car for about 9 months now and just rolled to 51k. Only real maintenance that I was required to do is the oil change at regulat intervals. About every 8k average. I use Castrol Syntec Synthetic.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I'm at 70k miles on my 07 si and buying my 3rd set of tires... Well only 2 tires I'm doing a weird rotation so I only have to replace 2 at a time. Just change your oil and reg. Fluids like tranny fluid and what not and your si will out live all your previous cars. Welcome to the forum! :)
o and forgot to add 2nd set of windshield wipers lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts