8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi my fellow Connecticut neighbors. Ok.. so how does this work... Im lowered... boosted.... and probably so many other things that are not OK for up here by "law"... my Fiance and I were going to sell the car for a more suitable vehicle for snow... but we're in southern CT so wont see AS much of it here.. Thinking of keeping it and driving it up in a month from south FL... how does it work..... emissions, being low in the snow, etc... anything and everything mentioned is appreciated... :wavey: I kinda disappeared from the scene for a short while but realized I love my car way to much...

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Try and get a regular daily driver. I live on the ny/ct line and we can get some snow in which you would probably hate to drive your car. Trust me I used to drive my car everyday for 3-4 yrs and the best I did was get a daily. Best of luck

·
Registered
552 Posts
I live in southern CT and have a supercharged FA5. I've driven in the snow just fine. Just get an extra set of wheels with dedicated snow tires. THat's what I do. I change them like clockwork on the day after Thanksgiving and usually take them off around the beginning of April.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
You should be fine with snow tires. You're screwed if you're lowered. Your civic will be a snow plow. Buy a second vehicle if you're an "essential employee."

Last winter, we got 3 feet in one day (5+ feet in certain areas). Luckily I didnt have to be on the road during the heavy parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
jtittle7317
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing