8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pair of alpine type R 6.5" and tweeter componet set for the fronts (SPR-17S)
Pair of alpine type R 6.5" for the rear (SPR-17C)
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 4 chanel amp.. (T400-4)

Can't wait for the install... still looking for a nice sub though!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I love Alpine type R's, but I LOVE the JL 8W7 alot more, that little bugger puts out some sound with a tiny amp, and JL gives you exact dimensions for sealed and ported (tuned) boxes. They also show you exactly how to set there amps to get the best sound out of them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I shouldn't have any problems running that amp for those speakers should I?...
Get some good rca cables. I have some Rockford Fosgate ones, but I might switch them out soon. Maybe to Streetwires. And yes, that amp is amazing, I have the same setup as you, except Infinity References for the rear deck. I've also been running it off the factory nav, but it sounds good.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah they told me that i could get infinity's for the rear too but i just opted for the type r's that were $50 more and i wanted the same brand all the way around.. not that it really mattered that much... i also need to start looking into the scosche dash's and get a better Head Unit.. any reccomendations? are you running a sub also?

·
Registered
214 Posts
yeah they told me that i could get infinity's for the rear too but i just opted for the type r's that were $50 more and i wanted the same brand all the way around.. not that it really mattered that much... i also need to start looking into the scosche dash's and get a better Head Unit.. any reccomendations? are you running a sub also?
I don't know much about head units, but my buddy has a nice jvc one from circuit city. I was running 2 12 kickers, but it was too heavy, and kinda crazy to have in the car, so now i have 1 12. I have an mtx 7801 running it.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
amp

I don't know much about head units, but my buddy has a nice jvc one from circuit city. I was running 2 12 kickers, but it was too heavy, and kinda crazy to have in the car, so now i have 1 12. I have an mtx 7801 running it.
So you have a T400-4 running the speakers but you also need a mono amp for the sub? Sorry if i'm a noob at audio. T400-4 means that it can run 4 channels for 4 speakers? Is that what 4 channels mean? I looked up the MTX 7801 and it sais mono channel amp so i'm guessing it's just giving power to one componet which is your 12" kicker? Lol. i'm so lost. I let best buy install my speakers componet and everything. I'm bringing them the amp this weekend so they can hook it up. I only bring it to them because they warranty their installs.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I'd save installing the rears for last to see if you really miss them. You can always just run them off headunit power if you're that hard up for rear fill.

My advice is to take them back and spend the money on sound deadener for the front doors. Bridge the amp to give the comps some power, too. You'll never look back. Trust me.

As for quality RCAs... it doesn't matter. Get whatever you like.
monoprice.com is a great place to buy wires. They make their own so they're cheap (cost) and the quality is that of any other. An RCA is RCA. If anyone tells you different, leave. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'd save installing the rears for last to see if you really miss them. You can always just run them off headunit power if you're that hard up for rear fill.

My advice is to take them back and spend the money on sound deadener for the front doors. Bridge the amp to give the comps some power, too. You'll never look back. Trust me.

As for quality RCAs... it doesn't matter. Get whatever you like.
monoprice.com is a great place to buy wires. They make their own so they're cheap (cost) and the quality is that of any other. An RCA is RCA. If anyone tells you different, leave. :thumb:

I have a pretty loose budget so I think i'll be keeping the rear type R's. As for sound deadener material do you mean stuff like dynamat so that it doesn't make that area rattle? And when you say bridge the amp to give the comp's some power are you talking about the tweeter by itself only? Sorry, this is my 2nd car and the very first time that i've had a system.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Bridging means that you combine 2 channels of an amp instead of one to provide more power... usually about double, sometimes more, sometimes much more.

You have a 4-channel amp. When you bridge the comps you'll be using all four channels, but you'll only be using one pos from channel 1 & the negative from channel 2. The same follows for 3 & 4. So, you still only run one set of wires to the comp's passive crossover. That's the only difference. When you see the amp you'll understand what I'm talking about. It's harder to explain that it is to do.

^ If you go this route you'll HAVE to power the rears off the h/u or buy another amp. But, it'll be worth it. ;)

Deadener will stiffen up your doors thus providing better midbass/midrange output.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yeppz get good ones I had the cheap kicker ones and i started getting a lot.of.noise now I got the streetwire zn9 and the noise is gone

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts