8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
system looks good, but not my sort of thing, too impractical for me personally, but nice all the same, on a separate question, how hard is that amp panel to take down and tune the amps??

on a totally unrelated note im not a fan of this Canon SD880 you used, it overcooked the headunit, but otherwise I suppose not bad

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the compliments. I love the Z110BT. I had posted a thread since I was undecided on whether to run the Alpine or the Pioneer. Due to the great feedback I got, I ended up with the Pioneer and am extremely happy!

As far as the panel, it is extremely easy to remove to make amp adjustments. It is very secure, but easy to remove when needed. The box is built to fit against the rear seat, and is to spec for the 10w6's. There is quite a bit of room back there, which was one of my goals. I do still haul things in the trunk, so in the build we took that into consideration.

Overall I am really happy, it definetly hits harder, and plays louder than I expected. All-in I problably have about $4k into it...and that was shopping around A LOT! to get best prices. But again, I am happy!

Thank again for all the feedback!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks good, but wow @ the price.

Thats why I would NEVER buy JL, so overpriced. You can get better equipment for muchhh cheaper.

But just like anything else, you pay for the brand label.

I'm sure the setup sounds lovely. JL usually has good SQ.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm seriously considering building the same system.. I already have the avic-z110bt, so there goes a lot of the cost, but I'm really loving the whole set up. Very clean and it just looks professional.. I use my trunk also, so I may add a plexi glass window over the amps.

How are the component speakers and the coaxials? Those component speakers are expensive.. are they worth it? Are the Coaxials worth it? or would it be okay to just leave the stock one's in?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts