8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put new Continental DW's on the Si. I am travelling from Ohio to Reno and while driving through Wyoming I got hit by a snow storm. It was a white knuckle drive for sure.

Make sure you wont hit snow when you have summer tires on.

·
Registered
954 Posts
hope everything turned out ok. wouldn't have helped with lateral control but do you think chains would've helped? at least with traction.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It snowed enough to get a little slushy. The bridges and overpasses icing is what had me worried.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Be extremely careful if you're on snow with summers. A friend of mine with a 2000 Si had Falken RT-615s on and took a road trip up in New York during the winter. Had a blowout and totalled the car.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I had all seasons on mine and driving through Colorado was a white knuckle ride through the snow storm. I can't imagine driving on summer tires through there. Yikes!

·
Registered
760 Posts
I remember one time i got hit with a unexpected snow storm with summers on, i thought to myself "Oh it would be a great time to have some fun doing donuts and drift around my empty apartment complex's parking lot." Well i could not even move from the spot where i was parked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts