8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting some new subs 12" an amp and all wires need i was just wondering if there is anything else i would need to install it. they are coming out of a buddy of mines accord so i didnt know if theyd need anything else

·
Registered
82 Posts
uhh? wires? here's what you need= power wire with inline fuse(amp to battery. fuse should be about a foot from battery)-check _ ground wire(ground to the trunk)-check_ RCA cable(cd player to amp)-check_ remote wire(most amps don't need one anymore, goes from amp to cd player to turn on the amp)-check_ LAST of all a few beers/b0ngs (to keep you calm when trying to run/hide the wires.)check_:thumb:

·
Registered
381 Posts
You will need a line output converter (LOC) also if you are using the stock radio. If your using an aftermarket deck you don't need one

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
this may or may not be relevant to you but...

you may want to check taht your amp doesn't have the LOC built into it already. I have a JL e-2150 2-channel amp and the LOC was in it already, and I had to return it. Just trying to save you the trouble..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GOT THEM!!!!!!!!! : ) the guy i bought them from is going to give me the LOC later we were up at the lake and he had them in the trunk so we did a quick swap and he said the LOC was back at his house so... picsll be up when its finshed
P.S. they sony Xpolds red to match my RR ; )

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sony xpold amp and sony xpold subs the XS-L1036 (subs) and XM-3001SXD (amp) with box probend by R/T plexi front and wood everything else

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nice. I have the Black 1300W ones...not sure on the specific name, but for the price they are pretty good, IMO. Thoes will probley hit just as hard and everyone bashes sony, but from what I have seen and heard...you wont be disappointed!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would recommend getting a capacitor, 1 farad, or more, the factory alternator is only 80 amps which is kinda low, and if you have allota bump in your trunk you will probably kill your battery/alternator.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
SkunkSpray said:
I would recommend getting a capacitor, 1 farad, or more, the factory alternator is only 80 amps which is kinda low, and if you have allota bump in your trunk you will probably kill your battery/alternator.
No need, really.

·
Registered
134 Posts
No need, really.
Exactly, capacitors are pointless. Seriously. I have done extensive research. I just personally bought over $4.5k in audio equipment and wires, etc; (search for threads I've started or replied in)...and the end all result was, capacitors are just a band-aid on a continually bleeding wound.

-Andre

1 - 20 of 23 Posts