8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this is my first thread, so here it goes. I want to put either a Mugen spoiler (not real, so no third brake light) or a VIS Techno R spoiler on my 07 coupe si. The problem i run into is the stock spoiler has the third brake light in it, these other spoilers dont. I looked at the EXs w/o the spoiler and they have the third brake light on the rear panel just behind the back glass (where my sub is) and its molded into the panel, so putting one of those on is out of the question. Any ideas on my lack of a 3rd brake light problem??

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
You could always just put a small LCD strip in the back of your window and if you get pulled over, just tell him your light must be out. Simple fix-it ticket and you're on your way :p

I'm sure a shop could fab in some kind of light on your rear window if you paid enough.. or maybe even incorporate one onto the wing you're looking at getting. A thin LCD strip of lights would be easy enough to put on.

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
See if you can get a rear deck from an EX. I think they also have a sub, and also have a 3rd brake light.
correct. my 06 ex coupe has the black interior with sub and third brake light on the deck, just buy it from honda and reroute your wire for the brake light in the trunk to the deck and ur all set.

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
Wha? Illegal not to have 3rd brake light? :rotfl:

I drove around for a year with only one taillight on my old '94 Maxima.
NC might not requre it. (alabama doesnt) but some states do require a third break like, if you car came equipt with it. and about your maxima..just because you got away with it doesnt mean its legal, how many people have been driving around without the front license plate..or with illegal window tint? do they get a ticket everytime they drive their car?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.