8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So picked up my 2010 Si sedan last friday, and i'm wondering is there anything I should need to know? I've heard of the transmission issues, are those gone or should I look into getting the trans oil change with a sintechtic one? Also from what I read on the site I should be looking into waxing my car pretty soon. I guess the whole don't wax your new paint befor 6 months is not the way to go? So just wondering if there something I should do!

Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would just run the engine out until your next oil change to go synth, mines about a month old with no issues on the transmission. Not sure what your reasoning here is for waxing so soon? I'm quite sure mine was waxed when I picked up mine. FG coupe here.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Oh, I would wax the **** out of it man... Check some of these threads on paint quality. IT SUCKS!!! They use very poor paint now. I only had my car for 9 months, and the whole front of my car is chip city, and I need to have it repainted now. And I talked just small chips that you can barely see, I'm talking about chips right down to the metal of the hood. Been to two shops that said the paint is too thin, and Honda is responsible. Since my car is on a lease, been dealing with Honda. Actually looking promising. Pretty sure their gonna repaint the car for me.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Careful with the swirl marks! Bad washing was a big mistake I made when i first got my car.
:yeahthat:

did to...:deadhorse:

But what i know is that all the new paints are the same in all car makers, new environmental laws forced companies to paint cars with water based paint... not just Honda.:cornmad:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would the dealer paint protection be worth it? They wanted me to pay to have somekind of sealant put on the paint, also in the fabrics et. Would that even help?

·
Registered
347 Posts
the paint already is clearcoated the paint sealant isnt worth the money as far as the fabric stain guard its also not worth the money in MHO

·
Registered
809 Posts
All that is, is money grabbing. Nothing can really protect the paint or fabric. I pepple can spin up from road and hit your car and chip it, really nothing you do about it. Its gonna chip either way yeah look at it. You wax it regularly to seal up the chips, etc so that your hood and fenders do not rust. All you can do. Can get a hood deflector, but it doesn't cover about your headlights. You can get a bra, but the vibration from it will take the paint off underneith it, besides bra's look like crap. lol.

Frabric protection, waste, to test this, get it, spill coffee on it, or hot chocolate or something... see the results... then take it to dealer and be like... WTF? haha.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i think the waxing is pertaining to paint whose jus been repainted....since it needs to "Fully" cure, for new cars, u can go ahead a wax it!! and yes watch for swirls, always use high qaulity stuff, dont go cheap :)

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
New cars are baked and about 99% cured when they leave the factory. You're good to wax away, the minute you get it.

Be sure to use micro fiber in all steps of car cleaning. Washing, drying, and waxing.

·
Registered
809 Posts
micro fiber cloths. Mother stage 3 wax. about $25 a bottle in Canada. And pick up some Nu Finish Polish. If your as anal as I am, every two weeks. one time Nu Finish, next two weeks Mothers Stage 3 wax. Works wonders, keeps the car sparkling. Even when it rains, or day after, still a shining. Depending on where you live. I live in Canada, and the shine can last two weeks easy. Need a good rim/ tire cleaner though. stilling looking for one of those.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
use the mr.clean autodry to avoid wiping and creating swirls....let the soap do its magic...suds up and cleans AND it has like polymer tech. or some **** where u only need like one towel to HELP dry off the car....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts