8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I've been checking out these forums for a while but this is my first post. I don't own an Si yet but I have been saving up for over a year to buy one. I'm waiting on some finances to come through, and it's looking like I'll be able to buy around December 2010 (too far away, I know).

Anyways, I've been calling around to some dealerships only to be told by all of them that new Sis are insanely difficult to come by and that there are waiting lists for new ones. There are some used ones out there, but the used ones cost nearly as much as new; come December, the 2011s should be out, and I've been dreaming of this car for so long that I don't want to settle for a used one. Are new Sis really that rare? Are there really waiting lists for these things, or is it just because the 2010 models are beginning to phase out? Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
51 Posts
they are rare. it took me about 3 weeks for a few si's to show up in my area when i wanted to buy one. call a bunch of dealers, at least one will tell u when si's are expected for your area. that's just my experience from about 1-2 months ago when i got my si

·
Registered
55 Posts
The only two Si models I found locally are mine and a 2007 coupe with the criteria of being in like new condition.

There are many high mileage ones around here in poor shape.(Even one Mugen with the wrong rims, seats I can not identify, and completely debadged.)

For new, I have been checking with the Honda dealerships for a few friends. There are basically clueless as to when any new ones will come in.

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
The only two Si models I found locally are mine and a 2007 coupe with the criteria of being in like new condition.

There are many high mileage ones around here in poor shape.(Even one Mugen with the wrong rims, seats I can not identify, and completely debadged.)

For new, I have been checking with the Honda dealerships for a few friends. There are basically clueless as to when any new ones will come in.
theft recovery ?

supposedly they are out of production, but people are still getting them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I decided to buy mine 3 weeks ago....there were only 6 new 2010 Si sedan models in the entire state of Florida. Of those 6, only 1 had navi...that's how I ended up with Red instead of Black !!! But the red is growing on me...and I love the bluetooth & navi system, Honda got this one right !

·
Registered
249 Posts
i guess huh? im like the only guy with a 2010 si in the whole state of RI ive seen so far and ive had it for about 7 months now

·
Registered
335 Posts
in SoCal i rarely find Si's running down the road... only one or 2 per month...

to the OP, this summer they might be bringing out Si's again.. I heard they stopped production or they limit production since last year.. I went to a dealer last week, no Si's on the lot.. ask one of the salesmen and he said there were a lot of people looking for the Si but to no luck

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was looking for an SI too, after regretfully trading in my 07. New ones seem to not exist and due to my concern on the tranny being beat on used ones opted for a new Mazda Miata instead. At least it was available on the lot. Now my WRX (which I replaced my SI with) can sit (gas guzzler) while I drive the Miata. I would still trade in my WRX for a new SI in a second if one were available.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi everyone, I've been checking out these forums for a while but this is my first post. I don't own an Si yet but I have been saving up for over a year to buy one. I'm waiting on some finances to come through, and it's looking like I'll be able to buy around December 2010 (too far away, I know).

Anyways, I've been calling around to some dealerships only to be told by all of them that new Sis are insanely difficult to come by and that there are waiting lists for new ones. There are some used ones out there, but the used ones cost nearly as much as new; come December, the 2011s should be out, and I've been dreaming of this car for so long that I don't want to settle for a used one. Are new Sis really that rare? Are there really waiting lists for these things, or is it just because the 2010 models are beginning to phase out? Thanks for the help...
Looking for a SI for a co worker. There are no coupes any where to be found new. I thing he found only two nation wide and dealer wanted a crazy trade deal. But did find a sweet 09 Si with low miles. Better than new with the Cert Warranty from Honda. Act fast when 11's come out.

·
Registered
954 Posts
there's a new blue '10 FA5 on the floor of the dealer in Danbury, CT. They added a few things (sunroof, door visor, pinstripe :eek:mg:). Sticker says $26,700.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts