8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my first post on here:wavey:. So what better place to post than the SI area?

recently purchased a blue 06 SI with 38k miles. wish i could post pics up, but i only have internet access at work. Car came with a greddy catback exhaust that sounds sexy as hell.
Currently i own a 94 4 dr accord which i'm building the motor (NA w/ cam, bored intake manifold, ported/shaved head, etc) and a 01 ZX2 (which was replaced by the SI) but is for sale now lol.
Anyone have any major issues with the new SI's besides the 3rd gear?
i'll be honest, i'm an accord kinda guy, never liked civics. Went into the dealer to buy bumper bolts and walked out buying an SI. After i sat and drove the car for the first time i immediatly fell in love with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gratz, how much did ur car run u if i may ask
i stole it in my opinion. paid 13.8k. other ones in the area with same miles are going for about 16-18k. what i paid for they are going for about 60-70k miles.
Last night got a KAN drop in filter installed.
get to take the car back to the dealer tonight, have a weird clicking sound i heard a couple times coming from the front driver side on tight turns. sounds just like a CV axle going out :SHOCKED:. we'll see what they say though

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
typically the noise didnt act up. was thinking about it though, when it did make the noise i was on the brakes and hit ice. Which in turn could of made the abs kick in...?
possibly -- if you hit the brakes rather hard and lost traction on the ice, your ABS could've kicked in. you would've felt it in the brake pedal, though, and not heard it. any audible clicking in turns points fingers towards your CV joints.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.