8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to post this thread 3 weeks ago due to a service issue, but I decided against it. Thought that anyone can have one bad day, so I left it alone, hoping that my next experience would be better. Keep in mind that I bought my car from New Rochelle Honda, and I was treated very well. Their sales team is great, especially Chris, but I can't say the same about their service department.

I went about 3 weeks ago to get my trunk fixed. For some reason, the trunk wouldn't open. I checked on here and found people that had the same issue, so I took it to the dealer to get it checked out. I made an appointment for Friday at 8am. I get to the dealer, and after waiting 2 hours I hear my car being pulled into the bay. I was already mad because I could hear my BOV going off and excessive revving, but they do that everywhere I go. So after 30 minutes, one of the office guys, the ones that do all the paperwork when you walk in, comes to get me and tells me that they can't access the trunk latch because of my subs. If i wanted the work done, I would be charged 2 hours of labor, about $200 after tax, just to remove the subwoofers and get to the latch. I told him that you could move the box to the side and would have enough room to get in, he said no and I told him to put it back together and I would take the subs out myself. I politely asked the tech if he could show me which bolts he removed to get the seats out and I was basically ignored. OK COOL!

As I was leaving, I laughed at the tech and told him I would be there in 2 weeks without the subwoofers, he just laughed.

So fast forward to today. I had an appointment for 10am and at 9:45 I was at the dealer. He said I would have to wait about 2 hours, I was ok fine even though I had an appointment for 10am. At 11:30am my car is pulled into the bay. 10 minutes later the trunk opens up, and I see the tech talking to the manager and showing him that my trunk has been re-painted. So I already know trouble is coming. Service Manager comes and tells me that the trunk has been re-painted and that because of that, it's not covered under warranty. I explain to him that the trunk has been re-painted because I had a scratch, someone keyed my car and I had it fixed. So he goes on and on about how that's the problem, that the trunk is not lined up right and all this other B.S. I had enough and showed him where the problem was, the LATCH DOESN'T WORK! He still kept going on and on, and told me it would cost 2 hours of labor (Again!!!) to fix it. I'm already frustrated and I told him that they wanted to charge me that same amount last time I was there to remove the subwoofers, and I took the seats and subwoofers out in less than 15 minutes, so how are you charging me 2 hours of labor. And this is when the fun starts...

Some guy in a suit, who later I found out was the boss, comes over to me and explains me the deal, I told him the exact same thing I told the other guy, and he gave me the same B.S. He said 2 hours of labor and it would be fixed, and I said no. So he got the paperwork, told the tech to put it all back together and told me to stop by the cashier and pay for the time the tech spent taking the seats off. I flipped out and told him I wasn't paying for anything, that it's not my fault that the trunk wouldn't open, and I showed him what was wrong yet he still wanted to tell me it was my fault. So after raising his voice, he said:

"Don't come back anymore"

And I happily won't go back.

I don't know if it's because I'm young or what, but I know this problem existed for other people, so I'm not gonna let them jerk me around for something it's not my fault. I will be calling HOA and telling him about this, and how leaving the lot, the tech scraped the front bumper.

I'll keep you guys posted if there's any news...which I doubt

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
They see a heavily modded car and immediately assume the car is beat/not taken care of etc. They'll do/say whatever they can to cop out of covering something under warranty. Try another dealer in the area, I'm local to you but I couldn't reccomend any service dept. becuase of lack of experience with any of them.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Also wanted to add that my brother just bought an FA5 from Huntington Honda in Long Island and him and my father were introduced to the owner there and he actually owns New Rochelle Honda as well. Take that for what its worth but maybe stay away from them too.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Sorry about the way they treated you. I can see how they are trying to get out of it tho by saying since someone else touched it its not there problem. Question should have been is did they take the trunk off when it was painted? and then explain it might been caused by but being understanding and wanting to keep your business they should have fixed it. People just dont do things the way they should its all about $$ now

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry about the way they treated you. I can see how they are trying to get out of it tho by saying since someone else touched it its not there problem. Question should have been is did they take the trunk off when it was painted? and then explain it might been caused by but being understanding and wanting to keep your business they should have fixed it. People just dont do things the way they should its all about $$ now
I understand what you're saying, and I'm not the kind of person to get an attitude, but the trunk was fixed and re-painted in July...July of 2008. That's almost 10 months and didn't have a problem, then out of nowhere, one day the trunk doesn't open. Don't you think if it was a problem from the way they painted or a poor job at "aligning" the trunk, this problem would have happened before? The alignment thing is just bullshit, because I had a CF trunk that wasn't aligned properly, and this wouldn't happen.

I was frustrated at the way they treated me and how they went about it. They could have been nicer, but they've been a bunch of A$$holes since the first day. How are you going to charge me $200 to remove subwoofers from the trunk?

Try going to White Plains Honda. They have a pretty good service department. And make sure you do file a complaint with Honda of America. It sounds to me like they just didn't want to troubleshoot the problem.
They are even worst, bunch of scam artists. :eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
dude honda stealerships ftl.

i hate how this happens. my dealer is ignoring me too
maybe cause im young. and they cant drive for crap
freeking revving excessivly and burning my clutch.

my trunks doesnt open sometimes but i can get it
open if i just pull up a little. it seems like it get stuck
on the rubber seal,

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Also wanted to add that my brother just bought an FA5 from Huntington Honda in Long Island and him and my father were introduced to the owner there and he actually owns New Rochelle Honda as well. Take that for what its worth but maybe stay away from them too.
im one of the managers at Huntington Honda and yes we own New Rochelle/Brewster/Garden State/Raleigh Honda as well and im suprised to hear about your problem oriol, call me or tell nuno to hit me up next time that **** happens and ill get in touch with them. we operate a little different compared to New Ro which is maybe why we sell so many cars but our reputation speaks for itself so no need to worry :dance:

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im one of the managers at Huntington Honda and yes we own New Rochelle/Brewster/Garden State/Raleigh Honda as well and im suprised to hear about your problem oriol, call me or tell nuno to hit me up next time that **** happens and ill get in touch with them. we operate a little different compared to New Ro which is maybe why we sell so many cars but our reputation speaks for itself so no need to worry :dance:
The boss was a ****, plain and simple.

My parents had a really bad experience too to the point that they won't buy another Honda because of New Rochelle Honda.

Kinda sad

·
Registered
8,767 Posts
to OP: just wanted to clarify that an appointment made with the service dept. is typically not made for actual time of service. it is an appointment to drop off your vehicle, consult with the service advisor, and basically sign paperwork.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.