8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do companies usually announce their new models? Its around this time, right? Debating if I should get the Pioneer D3 or wait and see if a D4 comes out in the next few months.

·
Registered
134 Posts
A lot of new products are announced at CES in January. But demo'd or announced doesn't mean shipped! I don't know about Pioneer, but it took Alpine about six months to ship all the products they showed at CES this year.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's why i stated announced. I'm debating if I purchase the D3 now, and then the D4 comes out, will my bluetooth, ipod, and other modules still be compatible. It seems like they always push out a new model every year as well. I'm sure the D3 does everything I want, but until they release the specs of the new unit, I won't go and buy the D3 yet.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Alpine's h/u's usually take about 3 months...by then most are available. However, their a/v lines (dvd h/u) can take upwards of that. In addition, their "new technology" items always seem to take FOREVER.

It seems that this is a common trend for most companies. I've noticed JL & Pioneer both follow this.

I'm sure the D4 & D3 would be pretty comparable. Assuming there is one. ;)

It's a tough decision. At the earliest, you're probably looking at March for a ship date for any a/v headunit. No matter who the mfg is.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the D4, if made, although some people heard rumors its coming out and having the ability to change sources, meaning you can watch tv and listen to radio. But if that's the only difference, and no other improvements, i'll purchase the D3. But I don't want to purchase until I hear the full report of specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts