8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to a well known local shop here in Brasil and they reflashed my car. Before the reflash was available they were only offering tuning with piggyback modules that did not offer rev limiter upgrade neither changed vtec engagemente point and also the speedometer would not show any speed after 215 km/h only the rpms would keep going, but no real speed on the speedo.

I heard them say it's an european (german company) not sure if it's true. I am trying to find out if anyone here knows or has any clue on what company besides hondata could be offering this?

Here is what the reflash did:

1) Vtec now engages at 5000
2) Rev Limit is now at 8900, but on the digital gauge it looks like a little above 8700 (will double check and post more accurate info)
3) Speed limiter is removed (it was at 215 km/h before)
4) The car feels much better down low and on midrange. Topend also feels good.

My number on a mustang dyno was 192HP (mods are stock airbox with k&n drop in, header and exhaust (vibrant) - I do know mustang dynos read lower than dynojet, but how much lower? 5%? 10%? 15%? Either way putting it at 10% gives me an additional 19hp so 211 at the wheels or 5% 201 at the wheels which is about what everyone else here puts down.

Using the dashhawk, to monitor my A/F on 4th at WOT is around 11.5 11.7 ... is this a good a/f or should I go back and have it checked? :popcorn:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well they would not tell me the name of the company since they're reselling it, but what I know is that it was sent to them over the internet and they then reflashed my ECU. That's why I am posting this info here, so I can also find out or if I do find out before someone here does I'll post. I do like it a lot and the car feels awesome :D, but if it is as good as Hondata or worse I do not know ...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would not be wasting my time to post something like this here because I was actually interested on sending my ECU to my sister in the US and getting Hondata done! I never did anything to my car here with the ECU because I hated the piggyback units like Unichip. It does cut at 8900. I'll post a video shortly. Is it bad? I don't think it is that much higher than Hondata's 8600, so it's just fine?

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
In for more mysterious info.:popcorn:

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
uh 8900 redline on stock fuel pump / valvetrain?

have fun!
pretty sure the stock fuel pump can handle 8900+

efi2nr doesn't have a problem and there si on kpro runs to 9100. and really i'm pretty confident in the stock valvetrain to 9k also, i just don't think you will see any dramatic increases in horsepower. if i remeber correctly i read somewhere that the stock k-series valves don't start to float until about 10k

vid: efi2nr si on k-pro revs to 9100 if not more

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
oi cada! Penso mesmo hondata no Estados Unidos! O liga vc ecu par vc irma no estados unidos e compre hondata aqui! Bom sorte Irmo!
Tommy no U.S.
For you non portugueese speaking bros...I told him it sounds just like hondata here, and if he is not sure just to buy hondata here in the U.S...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Easy way to find out where Hondata cuts RPMs is use dashhawk. Anyone? Yes the reflash could be hondata or hondata clone with minor modifications ... who knows. If they tell me I will be sure to post!

Well there is a big thread on our local forums here :: Honda Club Brasil :: (by invite only) and I posted in there asking several questions for another performance shop selling the same reflash. I am pretty confident they will answer a lot of my technical questions and all the info I will post here. I will try to make a short video asap just to assure I am not BS anyone!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.