8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not new at the scene but I am new to the site and to Honda. My first car was a Ford Probe (not photos of that, sorry). My second was this '01 Tiburon

Lowering springs, cone filter, Motegi wheels and strut bars were the limit of the mods.

Two years later, I upgraded to this:

Even got into Sport Compact Car with it

Quite a few mods on that one. Well, I move on, passed through a neon, a micra, a 4WD Tercel, and a Sunbird which lasted 5 months and I finally returned.

Of all the cars I have owned, with a provisional exception of the Tercel in heavy snow, this Civic SI has been the most fun to drive. It is faster than the Tuscani was modified. I don't want to destroy my finances like I did with the Hyundai when modding it and I am keeping it under 1,500 a year, give or take. Thinking of suspension and short shifter for starts, air filter and tint was already been budgeted.

Thanks for having me, you all...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice, fellow Canadian. Welcom to 8th, Your car looks like my car >.< lol

Glad you got out of the Tiburon phase. Freakin HATE Tiburon owners, I haven't met one that wasn't a complete and utter tool and failure at life. /rant.
OK...our little secret. Most of them are. I have a friend with one of the last Tiburons to roll off and he's a good guy and the retired school teacher that picked up my mellow yellow above is an awesome human being, but of the five other Tiburon owners I have met before, during, and after my old club days, the majority of them were douchebags. You put one little mod more than them and they freak out. One guy with a base '03 SE started badmouthing me the moment I went from the '01 to the '03 V6 Tuscani. I mean little childish stuff. I liked my Tiburon and I always made a point to praise anyone that took pride in their ride...but I also understand in my neck of the woods, this is a rarity.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahaha, no he doesn't. You obviously haven't seen to many other of the Canadian drivers... We all look like hannibal lector. Come to the Civicfest, you'll see...

Welcome to the Ocho.
Hello Clarice...

So I'm scary. That explains a lot...and I've been in retail for 17 years so that makes a lot of sense?

So what would you guys or gals do? HFP Lip Kit or spend that on suspension?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.