8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
So i picked up my 2008 Civic Hybrid yesterday. Silver in colour and stock throughout. 13k on the clock from new and one owner. moved from a 2005 BMW 118d ES as was just about to come under some major repair work.

One thing i want to know is this. My radio/cd has a button for AUX/CD i can not find an AUX jack in the dash. So does this mean i have the conenctor behind the console covers to the rear of the shifter?

If so i might purchase a Aux input kit and have a pop at installing myself.

Pics i have included so hope you like...

Cheers and look forward to many miles of cheaper motoring for years to come.
:wavey:

Darren

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
your driver wheel is on the wrong side!! oh wait....lol

check your center console should have a usb thing in there...i think thats what your asking lol.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The 2008 model does not come with the USB port, it does however come with the 3.5mm jack.

Look right under the 12V adapter, there is another little cover that flips down and that is the location of the AUX jack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi all, looked and nothing fitted, must be a euro spec car with no jack.... gutted so will have to find a way to add one in as the FM transmitter has a hiss thats really annoying.

Just getting used to driving the hybrid and how to get the best from it. I had images in my head i would be holding up traffic as i was trying to conserve fuel, Nothing really has changed though from a starting point of view.

Driving i have become more aware of my speed and how to climb to the 75kph i do on a daily commute. I have pushed the Avg from 7L.100km down to 5.7L/100Km over 700 km's target ot 5.3L/100KM so a bit to go yet but already saving my a few euros here and there.

Must say also the ride is cracking and very little noise in the cabin on my motorway driving, very relaxing also to not be tearing around here and there in a hurry. The amount of heads that pass me out only to be sat at the next lights is very funny, relax people your jobs are not that good or important to be doubling the speed limit?????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
5.7l/100km now reduced to 5.3 on my last tank estimations. @Lyfe small gradual hills where i live, nothing major but have really adjusted my driving and looking at 750km maybe 800km on my last tank. happy bloody days

1 - 10 of 10 Posts