8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, new guy here, kind of old but always have been a Honda fan.
Just turned in my company pickup because we were one short for the people who actually do the grunt work and we didn’t have it in the funds to purchase a company vehicle for me so I went out and purchased a White 07 SI Sedan, without Nav/Sum.
What a fun to bomb around town from building to building (we manage a bunch of commercial office buildings). Heck the red line on it is higher than my old Yamaha FJ1100 I had in the late 90’s.

My first car was a Mercury Montego (I think like an early 70’s model) what a dog.

Next came a Dodge Challenger (Mitsubishi) that my wife blew the engine on when the rubber plug came off the rear of the engine block and all the oil left. Taught my wife how to drive stick in this car.

1987 Chrysler Conquest TSI (Mitsubishi again) Not a bad car, fairly quick with the turbo but hell in the snow!!!

Then came our 90 accord EX with stick that my wife drove mostly.

Then came our first son and the TSI was gone and I think we purchased a Dodge Caravan.

Wife gets a company car and the Honda had to go as I was driving a company truck.

Just for fun a few years later I bought a Volks jetta trek edition. Wreaked the roof and rear glass when I drove into a garage with the stupid bike on top (only 250 miles on it) 

Few years later the jetta and van were traded for a jeep grand Cherokee. This is the vehicle that finally made me say to never buy another Chrysler product. (Slow learner I guess).

I buy my wife a 2002 Mustang GT convertible for her 40th. I put a lot of extras into that car and it was a blast to drive with all that low end torque. Stored it in the winters, never drove it in the rain and sold it last year because or first son started driving and we didn’t have the room. It only had 6500 miles on it when we sold it and luckily we found someone who was going to store it in winter too.

Jeep had to go and we bought a 2003 Honda Pilot. Very nice vehicle sometimes wish we still had it.

Kids are a little older and soon won’t want to go on vacation so we traded the Pilot in for an Acura TL that’s basically my wife’s car. Very nice car!!!!

Our 16 y/o has a 97 Acura CL2.2 (wish he would take better care of it)

Three more years and I’ll probably be able to pass down the SI to my 13 y/o son when I get another company vehicle. He should take care of it better then our older son!!!! I’m thinking maybe I'll get the accord coupe with a 6 speed…

Anyway sorry to ramble on but that’s my story.

:wavey:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
inyong1988 said:
02 SI white sedan?! I thought 07 model was the first sedan of SI.
Thanks for the editing (Oppps, don't know how I hit the 2 instead of the 7:redface: )

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the Wife's TL:

Here is son #1

Here is son #2

Just to see if I know how to post. As soon as I take some of the 07 SI I'll post them but it's been raining mostly here for the past 3 weeks...

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
From one old fart to another, welcome to 8th Civic. I almost bought a TW FA5, but got a FBP instead. I cannot tell you how many guys I have either met or have seen on this forum who are in their 50's and 60's and are getting FA5's. I hope the FA5 doesn't get a reputation as a geezer car.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
Geezer? I got some underwear older than you are! Wish I were 37 again, so young and carefree. :laughing:
You need to toss those old underwear man. They are only $7.99 for a dozen at Walmart :laughing:.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
welcome

my 15 1/2 yr old is drooling over my si i just say in your dreams
hes got a 92 accord sedan waiting for him

1 - 20 of 34 Posts