8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of purchasing a new Civic and I'm using this site to do research. I'm torn between getting a coupe or sedan. The 2 door looks better but has less room. What to do?!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Welcome...and it all depends on your needs.

Lots of things to consider...like family and work needs. Some people need the extra space and 4 doors. Do you know what trim level you want?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
918civic said:
Welcome...and it all depends on your needs.

Lots of things to consider...like family and work needs. Some people need the extra space and 4 doors. Do you know what trim level you want?
Well I'm a single guy, and I rarely have more than one passenger. That is why I'm leaning towards the coupe. I want an EX but I'm concerned that the sunroof will eat up too much headroom.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Well the Si has a sunroof as well. I don't really see how the sunroof could "eat head room" anyways. I guess just test drive both the coupe and sedan before you decide.

I have a coupe and only twice have I had passengers in the back. One girl said it was alright but my friend who's like 5'10" said he had to slouch down. I think the coupe is a lot sexier then the sedan but YMMV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
918civic said:
Well the Si has a sunroof as well. I don't really see how the sunroof could "eat head room" anyways. I guess just test drive both the coupe and sedan before you decide.

I have a coupe and only twice have I had passengers in the back. One girl said it was alright but my friend who's like 5'10" said he had to slouch down. I think the coupe is a lot sexier then the sedan but YMMV.
Well the plastic "collar" around the bottom of the sunroof can use up some headroom. :vtec: If you look at the specs for the car, you will see that the headroom is different between the different trim levels. Everyone is right, I need to buy the car for myself and not my friends. I have a sedan right now and I get tired of hauling people around. :)

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
have a coupe and its only bad for the backseat im told when i have to put the seat all the way back to drive, and also on the sunroof head room thing, im nearly six foot tall and i have at least 3 inches of head room with the sunroof on my ex.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Welcome to the 8th! Like everybody else is saying, what are your needs. I love my coupe, but I also never have passengers. Also, are you planning on modding the car at all? If that's the case, all us coupe owners can tell you that the sedan can get all those JDM goodies that we can't use.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts