8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!! Just signed up to post on here today. Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm looking to be getting my SI here shortly. I'll be getting it from Honda in Rock Hill, SC. I originally ordered it in Fiji Blue, but I went to the dealership yesterday and he said that there was a mix-up and he will be getting an allocated Hab. red and a Ntehwk blk instead of my blue one. I'm torn though, because I already own a black 04 TSX in black!! He said that he could trade the car for a blue one somewhere else, but that it could possibly take another month or so to do it!! I hate waiting!!! I want this thing so bad I can taste it!!! Anyway, help me out. BLACK OR BLUE????? :eek:hnoes:

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Welcome!!

First off all, congratulations and welcome!!

You'll enjoy your stay here. Food and beverages are served daily, compliments of Webby, as well as a continental breakfast every morning.

Kabs handles the entertainment while the rest of us enjoy the show :party:

Now for the color...Fiji Blue seems to be the way to go. No need for two black cars in the garage.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
welcome to the site, im sorry to here that you cant get your blue si. i think we all can agree with you that we HATE WAITING! however i want a white si and its not going to be here till january but i also had the option to get silver or grey. i chose to wait for what i want and be super duper happy with it and IMO, i think you should too.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i had a choice to get a black one this week and dicided to wait like EP3 to get my white si. i would go with the blue but im not the person to compermise on what i want. it would eat me up inside.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i say welcome and i fell for u

·
Registered
62 Posts
woops i mean feel

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
welcome to the site - can I take your order?

no, seriously- I can't help ya. Either car will probalby be great. I know the wait is killing us all. Best of luck in deciding what color to pick.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Fiji blue and black are both hott colors. Either would be an excellent choice. also it much easier and less stressfull to buy a new car if you can find it already on a lot...none of that trading cars bs.. You will have a major headaches.

·
Registered
155 Posts
nighthawkmetalhead said:
Hello everyone!! Just signed up to post on here today. Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm looking to be getting my SI here shortly. I'll be getting it from Honda in Rock Hill, SC. I originally ordered it in Fiji Blue, but I went to the dealership yesterday and he said that there was a mix-up and he will be getting an allocated Hab. red and a Ntehwk blk instead of my blue one. I'm torn though, because I already own a black 04 TSX in black!! He said that he could trade the car for a blue one somewhere else, but that it could possibly take another month or so to do it!! I hate waiting!!! I want this thing so bad I can taste it!!! Anyway, help me out. BLACK OR BLUE????? :eek:hnoes:
Did you your dealership give you an ETA on your SI? I'm in Columbia, SC and I was just told mine left Alliston, ON 3 days ago and is slated for delivery first week of Jan. I'm hoping it won't take 3 weeks to travel 896.79 miles and get here before the Christmas. I wonder your is on the same train to Raleigh-Durham as mine. Mine may be the first one in town.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
All I can say is that, the color most people want the most is, Black.

The reason why everyone black, most of them, have seen it in pictures, and most fall in love with that color, so thats why most dealers know that black will sell faster then any other color, so I say black!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replies guys!! Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Had too much work to do!! Just for reference, I will be trading the TSX for the SI as I have run into a lot of financial problems and I have a lot of good equity to roll into the SI, and my payment will be super cheap. The dealer "told" not promised, that the black one should be delivered before X-mas. When it gets here, I will look over and make my decision then. God I love that blue!! I owned a 2002 RSX-S in the Arctic Blue, and I loved it, so...... Thanks again and I will let all of you know as soon as I have anymore info. What a great X-mas present that would be!! :rockwoot:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I considered black, but decided against it when EVERYONE will have a black one. Pat on the back to the people who get the Habanero Red -that's a risky color in my mind - it's bright, perhaps brighter than yellow. The Galaxy Gray is by far the least popular. Silver is Ho-hum, too safe of a color. My favorite is the white...it just looks so sharp with the black interior. I went with the blue since we have another white car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, I really love the way the blue looks in the pictures. Maybe i will wait. What to do, what to do?? Hey CiscoBoy, I really hope you're right about yours already leaving Canada. I guess thats why my dealer told me around X-Mas. I sure hope it wouldn't take that long to go 800 miles!!! I would love to be the or "1st" or 2nd :party: to get one in our area. I just miss V-tech!! My TSX does not have hardly any until like 6000 rpm.(redline 7000). The only thing I wish that the car didn't have was the DBW throttle. I have it on the TSX and it took a while to get used to. But I'll be hard on the gas all the time anyway, so hopefully it won't be so bad!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just got an update from my dealer. My silver SI has made its way to OH at a "giant Honda depot" according to the dealer. ETA is still the first week of Jan but I've not given up on having it delivered by the end of next week.
You might wanna call your dealer and find out where yours is. They should be able to tell you where it is until it gets put on a truck.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Janizary said:
rrr....mine was at the depot for over a week, and it has been almost two weeks since then and no update. Time to call the dealer.
Janizary, when did you receive your VIN number?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts