8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys (and ladies if any), I bought my car last month and came up on this site when I ordered some floor mats from collegehillshonda.com. I joined about two weeks ago and I've been meaning to post pics of my Civic, but it seems like something always comes up. First there was a mixup at the dealership and it took two weeks to get my fog lights installed. I went and got lo jack installed, and I noticed that something was wrong with the driver's side door. It stuck out a little bit (about 1mm, see 3rd pic) and it took a lot of force to get it to close. Well, the weather finally cleared up, the door is fixed, and I finally got my foglights installed, so I decided to get some pics before the sun went down down. By the way, the Mr. Clean Autodry is garbage.

Oh yeah, I love this car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm thinking about lowering it, adding the aero kit and some rims, but I'm not sure about performance mods. Right now I'm driving over 100 miles a day, so I'm more concerned with the economy than speed... at least for now :). Besides, I also have a Ford Lightning in the garage.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow.. quick question.. really important.. how did u get the door fixed? cuz i actually have the exact same problem. and my car is only 2 days old..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zorq said:
Wow.. quick question.. really important.. how did u get the door fixed? cuz i actually have the exact same problem. and my car is only 2 days old..
Yeah mine was messed up from the beginning. Even at the dealer's (before i bought it) everyone had a hard time closing the door. I took it to the Honda dealer in town and the guy said that he just needed to adjust the striker. It only took a few minutes to do so it wasn't anything major. It's still a little hard to close, but it's a lot better than before, and at least it doesn't bulge out anymore.

It's an automatic with Navi, but I really with it had a MT. :driving:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice ride!
BTW if your state dose not require a front tag PLEASE remove the holder ASAP! before it damages your paint + it looks waaaaay better!
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
06EX Owner said:
Nice ride!
BTW if your state dose not require a front tag PLEASE remove the holder ASAP! before it damages your paint + it looks waaaaay better!
Welcome aboard!
Man, I wish I could take it off, but California sucks when it comes to car laws. At least I'm the only one on here with a "Manly" Civic, though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
khungus said:
Man, I wish I could take it off, but California sucks when it comes to car laws. At least I'm the only one on here with a "Manly" Civic, though.
LOL!! :laughing:
Thats too bad! :banghead:

·
Registered
36 Posts
well i have similar problems i guess... like my car has no problems with door except it bulges out like 1mm.. should i bring it in to re-adjust it??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Zorq said:
well i have similar problems i guess... like my car has no problems with door except it bulges out like 1mm.. should i bring it in to re-adjust it??
Yeah it's not that serious, but I'd get it checked out anyway before it does become a problem. Who knows what kind of damage it might cause? It's under warranty so all it will cost you is about 20 minutes of your time.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
i told the dealer when i got mine to not put on the front plate. i dont care if it's illegal, it takes away from the car's good looks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sweet ride, just picked one like it up except mines an lx. Your're gonna make a sweet deal on wheels, when you swap them, for me right? C'mon, boardmembers are like family or some ****. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts