8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone!

Im new to the forum and completly new to civics...i was a VW fan till i bought my new ride last week. I wanted to have tips from u guys for my 2010 si coupe. I just wanted to know if its better to get accesories directly from honda dealer (pretty expensive) or get aftermarket ones. I wanted to get the lip kit but its like 2000$ CND here if u get it from honda, and if its better to get aftermarkets one any site would be very apreciated. Also a friend of mine have a 06 sedan and want to sell me his stuff. Eibach spring, flashpro hondata, cai, exhaust for a very good price would that fit on a coupe since i looked at sedan and its not totally the same. I know for the CAI its no problem but for the rest im not very sure.

thx much for the tips i apreciate :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thx guys :p and btw good one jordanwince haha !! u dont loose the vsa u can remove it with the hondata on 06 model since there werent any button to remove it (i think) ... but i just want to know if the flashpro hondata will fit on my 2010 si ... i dont know much when it comes to prog..ecu and that stuff lol :p

thx again guy i apreciate

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok that what i wanted to know ... the guy that is going to sell me the prog told me about serial number or whatever ... since his car is registered with the hondata .. and have to change it to my serial... any on u had to do that ? i dont really know how the installation work either i guess he will do it for me i supose

only things im worried about is if it will **** up my warranty ;)

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
This is what hes talking about assuming you are buying it used?

The system will have you "lock" it to your vehicle by the VIN number before you can do anything to your car through it.
He is hopefully going to "unlock" it from his car before he sends it to you. If it is not unlocked from his car then you will not be able to use it on your until he does so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
yup used one.....i think he paid 1200CND ... something like that ill probably get it for around 500$ cnd

i guess i just have to ask my dealer if it will scrap the warranty if something bad happen ... but i never heard any problem with the hondata anyway

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thx guys ;) okey i just received my aem sri, springs, and my flashpro. Bad news is we returned his car to stock but he forgot to unlock the car haha FAWK!!! so i have to do another 6hr run to unlock his car and get prog in mine then another 6 hr to come back home haha but hey .... it worth the run :p.. i think wonder how it will feel with the flashpro in it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts