8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody, new member here. I have just purchased a 2010 Civic Si Sedan from Jonker Honda Tuesday of this week. I pick the car up on monday due to there being an engine noise that I heard, and asked them to fix it before I picked if up. I will post picture as soon as I get it, but couldn't resist signing up for 8th Civic until then.

I am new to hondas but by no means new to modifying cars, I've had several Ae86's, a turbo talon and my latest car which I unfortunately have to part with, a turbo miata.

I have several plans for my new car, and can't wait to meet some of you.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

Hope to see you out at some of our meets: Friday nights at Tim Hortons on Marine Way/Byrne Rd; a future sushi meet at the end of April (thread will go up next week); and don't miss out on our annual Whistler cruise in June. All can be found in threads in the BC section here.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here are some not so good pictures of cars past, minus the miata, I'll have to look for a current one.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Welcome :wavey:
Some nice cars you've had!
What do you have planned for the Si?

Hope to see you out some time at a meet!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome :wavey:
Some nice cars you've had!
What do you have planned for the Si?

Hope to see you out some time at a meet!
I'm kind of hooked on turbos, so hopefully that.

Do you guys get many ppl out on friday nights at Tim's?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Ah nice! There's lots of options for that

Every week is different. Once warmer weather comes I'm sure we'll get more.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :D What color and how many kms does it have?

Turbo? That would be awesome! You should check out Full Race Turbo kit for the k20 :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's white with 29000 kms. The full race is the kit is what I have been looking at. Man, waiting to pick this car up is killing me.

Is anyone in the lower mainland turbo charged?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
It's white with 29000 kms. The full race is the kit is what I have been looking at. Man, waiting to pick this car up is killing me.

Is anyone in the lower mainland turbo charged?
Thats not bad.. did it have a hfp body kit already installed?

Turbo kit is really expensive but is nice i guess .. Someone from richmond has a skunk2 header + full race 3" on his si sedan and it sounds good imo... The only turbo we know off is the guy from Chilliwack.. :D

I'm excited to actually see and hear how a full race turbo kit would sound in person... Keep us posted! :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Why did you go through so many 86s? lol

FR turbo kit would be awesome, but it's pretty expensive...you get what you pay for I guess.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats not bad.. did it have a hfp body kit already installed?

Turbo kit is really expensive but is nice i guess .. Someone from richmond has a skunk2 header + full race 3" on his si sedan and it sounds good imo... The only turbo we know off is the guy from Chilliwack.. :D

I'm excited to actually see and hear how a full race turbo kit would sound in person... Keep us posted! :)
No HFP kit. Ya turbo kits are always expensive. But the one for the civic was quite a bit more than the one for my miata. Either way, I don't think the turbo will happen anytime soon, but I am pretty sure, that is the direction I would like to go in.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why did you go through so many 86s? lol

FR turbo kit would be awesome, but it's pretty expensive...you get what you pay for I guess.
haha, I actually had 3 of them, but only had pictures of 2. Everytime I sold one, I ended up missing it too much, so naturally I went and found another one. I'm hoping a used turbo kit might pop up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts